Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Been told my trainers hum by a work colleague…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Now thats just bad form !

Him telling me they stink…which they dont !

Anyone else have humming trainers ?

Pigface
    Free Member

I had a pair of Hi Tops in Australia I wore once with out socks, 😯 dear Lord they reaked and had to live outside. Could never get the smell out of them.

I like your style of cooking them in the office 😆

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

bit damp under foot this morning !

stevied
    Free Member

No edging on that desk is a serious H & S issue. You may get splinters. I’d down tools until they fence it off and rectify the problem.
    And, yes my wife moans about my work boots on a daily basis 😉

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Late 80s I used to cycle or walk absolutely everywhere (in all weather) in a pair of year-old Brooks mid-tops that had to serve for all occasions over two year period. Worked in design for print in tiny overheated studio sharing a drawing board with a poor girl who finally built up the courage to say ‘you stink’. Even I thought they smelled like wet hamsters. Luckily low wages and poor working conditions spurred me on to outdoor work and a better footwear regimen 🙂

neilthewheel

Do they hum “Silent Night”?

convert

Trainers don’t really stink until they start offending even you when you are wearing them.

Have memories of a student high rise halls of residence with a bag of shoes hanging outside of every window

Cooking them in the office is pretty bad form though.

GregMay
    Free Member

Climbing shoes after two months dirtbagging in the alps. That is a smell that even I knew about.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Nothing to add but the title made me laugh!

Edukator
    Free Member

H&S electrical nightmare too.

Lifer
    Free Member

To be fair, from that photo they look like they’d stink. Why don’t you believe him?

bigyinn
    Free Member

No edging on the desk as it looks like the back rather than the front.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Those trainers look old enough to know the words 🙂

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Hmmm hmmm those trainers are only a few months old !

It’s the back of the desk btw

It’s not my office its next door to where I work so all those plugs and health and safety probs are nowt to do with me !

The radiator was warmer than mine !

And lastly they don’t smell I’ve had my hooter in them !

PJM1974
    Free Member

Add a couple of tablespoons of bicarb of soda to the offending trainers and leave overnight. If that doesn’t kill the whiffs then leave them in the freezer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Been told my trainers hum by a work colleague…’ is closed to new replies.