Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Been threatend….come on then.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

There was a business that traded out of my premises doing the same thing as my company.I was associated with them but I'm not any longer.
    Anyway a company that is owed money by them is coming over to see me on Monday saying that they are going to collect cash or take goods.
    They can't seem to grasp I'm not with the old business and that my money and assets are not theirs to take.
    So I've said that they are welcome to come over, I've said also that I'll make sure I'm on my own, but that they're not leaving with anything of mine.
    Bring it on, I know ones a huge lump so I'll have to keep an eye on him.

oldgit
    Free Member

Just in case I can;t look after myself anymore I've kept his texts and mail. 😐

woody2000

Oh god, has Ton moved into extortion to fund his bike habit!? 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

His bigger than Ton but ten times slower 😛

samuri
    Free Member

Drop the big one the instant they walk through the door in the most horrific way you can think, slice through his achillies tendon with a straight razor or shove a big screwdriver right up his bum. That'll make them re-think their situation.

woody2000

Hehe 🙂

Seriously for a sec, I'd have a word with the old bill. Or Ton 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

Windmill arms should resolve this situation favourably for you.

smell_it
    Free Member

If you can stop your spurs a jangling, I hear pheromone wipes may help you win them over 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

I like the way they've given me six days notice! Though it would be a pain if they did actually try to take anything.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

enough time for ton to get to you, if he sets out now…

jedi

call old bill . ask your rights.

if they still come, dial 999 and hand it to the 1st person the phone that walks in. then bolt crop him

oldgit
    Free Member

@ retro83

Good idea, I'm gonna grow my nails as well.

Samuri I will at least visualise your suggestion as he walks in.

oldgit
    Free Member

Yeah I will have to pop into the local nick, I don't mind dealing with them but I do have a business to run.
    What dimwits, we're gonna get you, yeah we're coming, any day now. Reminds me of Peter Kay in Phoenix Nights when his on his stair lift whilst taking his girlfriend upstairs.

mildred

Sounds like a civil debt for which they will have to apply to a small claims court and demonstrate that you owe it to them.

OR… it may well be Blackmail – section 21(1) of the Theft Act states:

"A person is guilty of Blackmail if, with a view to gain for himself or another or with intent to cause loss to another, he makes any unwarranted demand with menaces; and for this purpose a demand with menaces is unwarranted unless the person making it does so in the belief:

a) That he has reasonable grounds for making the demand; and
    b) that the use of the menaces is a proper means of reinforcing the demand."

The word Menaces in this context has been held to be a threat (including veiled one) of any action detrimental or unpleasant to the person addressed or something which would intimidate or influence the response.

Pook

you could just lock the door

markgraylish
    Free Member

There was a business that traded out of my premises doing the same thing as my company.I was associated with them but I'm not any longer.

Now call me a cynic, but that sounds just like the typical business practice of dodgy builders who just close down one business when trouble arrives and then open another one with a slightly different name! 😉

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

You need some "lumps" of your own! 😉

hitman
    Free Member

where are you based?

vinnyeh

Not one of binners's customers are you?

hora
    Free Member

Just call the Police. Thats what they are their for or am I missing something?

oldgit
    Free Member

No it's another company, they're still going but not from the place I now work.
    I was associated with them in that I was working for them, but I never got paid or had a contract in fact. In fact they owe me about 4K as well.

They used these premises but moved on and I continued in the same line of work. So they are assuming their goods are here but there not. Everything here has been bought and paid for by my company. The other company I assume is failing because I've had a few calls!

oldgit
    Free Member

hora you silly billy, call the police? these guys wont be here for days yet how will the police be able to respond in time?

uplink
    Free Member

saying that they are going to collect cash or take goods.

Sounds like they have something official rather than just a speculative visit
    I'd rather not pander to these sorts of tactics but on this occasion it may be wise to have some paperwork showing that you're not the same company
    I'd also lock all doors & windows & meet them outside

oldgit
    Free Member

uplink

I've had my name over the door since 2002.

wwaswas

what uplink said – if they're trying to do this 'properly' they'll have paperwork and you need to have your own.

Given they've warned you could you not visit them to discuss it in advance and establish the facts with them – it;'ll be a lot less emotional all round if you pre-empt them.

Finally, I would tell the old bill now about the situation so you are at least on record as having had an issue – you'll get a quicker response if you do need to call on them in the future.

flatfish
    Free Member

get a small cctv system http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Safety+Security/CCTV/Wireless+Camera+Black+White/d200/sd2653/p72712

and record the theft if they take anything.

cyclistm
    Free Member

CCTV seems a good option. Presume you'll need signs up informing all 'customers' that there is CCTV operating and who operates it etc.

oldgit
    Free Member

Right I've found this out from another ex employee.
    The company coming after the money sold goods to 'The Other' company but they still had this address for invoicing, the goods were delivered elsewhere.
    No order originated from here
    No goods were delivered here
    Nothing to do with us.
    Their problem is I guess, that I once worked for 'the Other company' and I do the same thing.

ton

do not resort to violence………it does not work..
    phone the police, tell them the situation, ask their advice.

hora
    Free Member

phone the police, tell them the situation, ask their advice.

Exactly. Call them before. Ask to speak to your local Officer, explain the situation and that you fear for your safety (which technically is true). Seriously, I'd happily defend my property however if I had prewarning I'd call the professionals.

For the record, I'm not scared of anyone and I've no idea how 'ard I am and I never want to find out how 'ard I am either. Pointless.

the-muffin-man

The company coming after the money sold goods to 'The Other' company but they still had this address for invoicing, the goods were delivered elsewhere.

Did you contact them when you received the incorrectly addressed invoice and let them know of their mistake, or did you just ignore it?

gusamc
    Free Member

By 'was associated with them' what do you mean.

takisawa2

Just pretend your not in.

oldgit
    Free Member

Popping in the nick a bit later.
    I'm more annoyed with the company that does owe them money, the same ones that owe me for wages, fuel, phone, tools goods etc etc.

oldgit
    Free Member

the-mufin-man
    No invoice from them, though I think they factor through a bank???

gusamc
    I worked for them, but like I said I never got a contract or any salary ever. In fact I put my hand in my pocket for them.

easygirl

if they have said they are going to collect cash or take goods, i woudl presume they have a court order, if they do have a court order, they can legally take the items from your premises, and if that order is presented and the police are there, the police will let them take the property listed, if you cause problems at the scene you could be arrested .
    so…………, go and speak to them now, ask them what power they have to take the items, and talk to them, if you dont fully explain the position, and they haev an order they will come.
    even if they are wrong in the long run, it wont help you because you will be without property until the dispute is resolved, the company will probably have bought a debt from somone else and will be collecting
    Ring them today without fail

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Surley if they intend to sieze goods then they have to prove your the one that owes them (are they Bailiffs) if so get onto the court, if you know where this other company that operated out of your premises are then give them their address.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I've said also that I'll make sure I'm on my own

Are you ****ing us?

gusamc
    Free Member

in that case og good luck, can you meet them under a cctv ?

rOcKeTdOg

wear a dress and make up and pretend you are your secretary and that you are out

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Been threatend….come on then.’ is closed to new replies.