Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Been overpaid expenses – keep quiet?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

well played. annoying but spot on.

Drac

Well done Andy, you have to pay it back as if they find out you’re in serious trouble. Seen it happen not so long ago and the person in question tried to say it wasn’t their fault and hadn’t noticed. Soon backed down when they received a solicitors warning and possible disciplinary.

Apart from that it’s the honest thing to do especially when companies are finding it difficult enough t keep staff on.

Taff
    Free Member

Flag it up, better to be honest. They would find out pretty quickly if you had been overpaid although they wouldn’t admit to underpaying!

jota180
    Free Member

Boss away you say?

Well given how much I hate the thieving bastards I work for – only directors are getting a raise this year – I would’ve drop my boss an email telling him I’d been overpaid and to let me know what he wants me to do.

50/50 chance he’ll never read the email but you’ve done your bit by reporting it to him 🙂

maybe I’d do that 😉

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

We use Concur, it’s pants.

Also, I was overpaid on-call expenses money once, about £2k worth, oops! We fessed up straight away, and they deducted it from the following 2 month’s salary payments. They weren’t able to take it in one go IIRC, think they had to maintain minimum wage going into my acct. for the hours I’d done (or something like that).

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Turns out mine was the gratuity added to a meal bill.

I’d imagine two things has happened here, firstly, that throwing about huge tips like that has made your boss realise that you don’t need expenses. Secondly, you’re probably known as CaptMoneybags.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Been overpaid expenses – keep quiet?’ is closed to new replies.