• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Been out on the bike for the 1st time this year and….
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It was painful, in fact it’s the 1st ride in over 3 months. MOJO went & I had no interest, still haven’t! Will the interest in cycling return?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’d suggest you get a road bike.

scotroutes

Still time to buy a Cross bike before the April meet. 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

My interest waxes and wanes but never to the point I dont enjoy a ride when I do go out

has to be said its much easier to be motivated in nice weather

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Go do something else, get some running shoes and start a 0-10k program, or join a gym and download one of the concept2 training programs. Both are easier to fit in with the crap weather and get you out the house without the seemingly endless list of little jobs the bikes need at this time of year. Road bikes help too but i find if im not in the mood for the mtb then ill be even worse on the road, some days i get about a mile up the road (somedays not even that) and turn arroud, if it’s fun and not a commute then whats the point in being out (unless youre actually training for something not just trying to keep fit).

thegreatape
    Free Member

Most of my rides, due to a combination of my fitness levels and the local geography, follow a 95% uphill slog to 5% downhill hang on for dear life time split. The former is not fun for me, but the latter makes it worth it 🙂

seavers
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock, I’m in the same boat as you. Maybe worse. My first ride in 6 months last week. I have no idea what happened but work and life got in the way and I had less time to ride and think about keeping fit. It got to the point where I am seriously unfit and thats what I hate.

It was tough, very sore bum and just a local ride of 15 miles! But I’m not going to give up, each ride will get easier and more fun as skills come back. Don’t give up yet, I reckon give yourself a chance to like biking again. Another 5-6 rides you might end up loving it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

each ride will get easier and more fun as skills come back.

This. If you want to ride, you will, and after a while it’ll all fall back into place again.

tmb467
    Free Member

Go out again

I went out for first time in months and it was hard – most of the ride was a battle with myself but I know I used to love it and I’m sure i will again. Just takes time and a desire to ride again

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’d suggest you get a road bike.

I’ve got one, how do you know which bike I was on yesterday? 😉

Just gonna take the road bike in April Colin, with more substantial tyres.

Xylene
    Free Member

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

Read about this yesterday, would make for a some good exercise.

boxelder

If you don’t get out now, it will get harder, then you’ll stop, then you’ll never get ‘that’ feeling after a great day in the hills/flying on local trails.

Of course there is telly and that thing with the plastic bumpkins in Essex is about to start again, or you could follow England’s Cricket World Cup glories.

Shut down the computer and get out – it’s meant to hurt a bit.

stewart4444
    Free Member

Not helpful but I had a good day and enjoyed the ride.
    Was nice meeting your younin’

kcal

lost the will to get out for last couple of months. have to agree that even the first ride back was uncertain, but it’s coming together a bit better now, with or without riding pals and on different bikes. Was a bit worrying though.

matt_outandabout

I find it really nice to swap back and forth between paddling canoes, pedaling bikes and meandering round hills. Go visit a new/different place as well.

hora
    Free Member

I loose the will to ride until one of two things happen:

Sunday- I rode through slippering mud down a lane at the end of cheeky and my rear was washing out but I kept it going everytime.

A few weeks ago I was going over the tops on my road bike, in the distance I could see a cloud inversion around Dovestone resevoir with beautiful shafts of light across the valley. I’m not a big fan of roadbikes but I wouldn’t change that view for the world and what the bike showed(shows) me.

Sat in my car/home/etc I’d not experience that.

You haven’t ridden for THREE months though. Thats along time. Ditch your usual routes/rides and do something different.

If I only rode a local trail to me I’d give up. I also refuse to commute by bike as commuting becomes part of your job. Cycling is fun not a chore.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Been out on the bike for the 1st time this year and….’ is closed to new replies.