Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • been mooching on mumsnet
  • emma82
    Free Member

go on admit it… who knows the secret handshake?

I do love a good conspiracy theory 🙂

free masons

Hohum
    Free Member

In some professions you have to be a member to be in with a chance of decent career progression.

My father-in-law is/was one. He never tried the funny handshake on me.

druidh
    Free Member

During the presentation line-up of my first marriage, I was “propositioned” a few times. It’s fun to respond…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    emma82
    Free Member

i wouldn’t even know what it was, the thread just amused me but most of the threads on AIBU do. I’ve heard one about a straw hat in the back of a car…

Junkyard
    Free Member

get the handshake at work every now and again – meets lots of strangers and always verbally respond by telling them i am not one and I dont wish to join. Its funny seeing their reaction when you make it all open

emma82
    Free Member

What’s the HANDSHAKE!? how do you do it? I wanna know now 🙂

wallop

He obviously thought you weren’t up to the job 😆

Hohum
    Free Member

wallop – Member
    He obviously thought you weren’t up to the job

That thought has crossed my mind once or twice…

He did let me marry his daughter though.

druidh
    Free Member

Marrying his daughter and being a disappointment, it’s only you that loses face.

Introduce you to the Freemasons and you’re a disappointment, then he loses face too.

Hohum
    Free Member

Ha, ha!

Thanks for cheering me up druidh!

I don’t think that he has been for a long, long time to be honest.

I think his membership may have “lapsed” before I met him.

However, I don’t know if it is one of those things were once you are a member you will always be a member or if you don’t attend the meetings your membership lapses 😕

bikebouy
    Free Member

More concerned about emma82 hanging around on mumsnet to be honest.

emsz
    Free Member

you should see where I spend my time not on here

druidh
    Free Member

It’s not a secret society, it’s just a society with secrets 🙂

emma82
    Free Member

What!!?? Mumsnet is awesome, some of the threads are amazing . One the other day, some poor girl poured her heart out about her husband having an EA (not sure what that is btw), at least four big paragraphs…. first response?
    ‘he’s a c*** sorry’

Brilliance in all it’s glory

Emsz I’m intrigued?

molgrips
    Free Member

Extramarital Affair?

Northwind

TBH with the masons I’ve known there’s no need for a secret handshake, they’re all incredibly keen to tell you they’re in a secret society 😆 Like little boys who’ve just made up a gang name.

Hohum
    Free Member

Four big paragraphs must have given you some idea what an EA was surely 😕

I used to read Mumsnet towards the end of last job when I had little to do. Some of it was quite funny, whilst some of it wasn’t.

emma82
    Free Member

Well I thought that ho hum but I think it may be ’emotional affair’? She said he wasn’t ‘cheating’ as such but OW was a ‘good’ friend etc etc so I don’t know. The other good threads are usually on wedding gift lists and and strip clubs

Hohum
    Free Member

OW = Other woman?

Wedding gift lists and strip clubs, definitely two topics to get the Mumsnetters posting away like crazy!

Edit – emotional affair makes sense, no physical contact, but plenty of mental stuff.

trailmonkey

i’m not sure what the opposite of misogyny ( hatred of men ) is called but mumsnet is certainly it’s spiritual home.

this place is massively inclusive and welcoming by comparison.

Junkyard
    Free Member

emsz goes on pinksofa?? iirc – is not a stalker honest I just have a good memory- not sure what it is tbh.

emma82
    Free Member

Junkyard lol. You are a stalker

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well I guess there’s lots to talk about over there then.. Do any ride 29erSS’s? I’ve an EA with my 29er at the mo’.

I once knew an ex Golf Pro who’d retired from competition (back in the 90’s), he had a very odd handshake.. Couldn’t work it out, maybe I just have.

aracer
    Free Member

Mumsnet is awesome, some of the threads are amazing

Indeed – I have a look every now and then as some of it is hilarious ( http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics is a good place to find the stuff worth reading, though a general browse of AIBU always throws up some amusing stuff).

downshep

Just dipped my toe into MN. Not shy, are they? 😯

corroded
    Free Member

i’m not sure what the opposite of misogyny

Misandry.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘been mooching on mumsnet’ is closed to new replies.