Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Been feeling tired or washed out for no reason on rides recently?
  • hora
    Free Member

Longshot- but I’ve realised that on recent rides on high pollen count days I’ve had nothing in the tank unless I take an anti histamine. I didn’t even think I suffered from Hayfever!

Just a thought/you never know if it’ll help you

Esme
    Free Member

Unfortunately, you can develop hayfever and other allergies at any age.

You are possibly reacting to nettle pollen, since it’s a common allergy and there are loads of nettle flowers around at the moment.

This is the first year I’ve ever had hayfever in August (usually finished by early July) despite being diagnosed as allergic to nettle pollen 15 years ago.

wallop

That’s interesting. Did a weekend in Snowdonia over the bank holiday and felt amazing – climbs weren’t a problem, didn’t feel tired. Fast forward three days to Wednesday night and I’m puffing my way up the local hill 😥

binners

Definitely bad AIDS!

ulysse
    Free Member

Have the one in the middle washed and sent to my room

hora
    Free Member

Wallop that’s me. Almost flu like. Nothing there. Nettle pollen? Sheesh first it was tree pollen- a pressurised head, leaky ear. Now this!

wallop

I can’t say I felt as bad as that – certainly not flu-like, but definitely nothing in the tank.

dudeofdoom

Baah same here not flu but washed out sorta put weekends riding on hold.

Also managed to get stung about 5 times by a wasp down jersey on way home Friday which doesn’t help.

amedias
    Free Member

Mee too, but I’ve put it down to over-exertion and the heat/humidity, I just don’t function properly when it’s hot and humid and sweat bucket loads. Doesn’t happen when it’s cooler even when working harder.

hora
    Free Member

Bring it on Binners! [Img]http://cached.imagescaler.hbpl.co.uk/resize/scaleHeight/815/offlinehbpl.hbpl.co.uk/news/OMC/money-20160408012708130.gif[/IMG]

Drac

Periton floors me so I’ve no chance.

senorj

Same here. All of my allergies have worsened with age.
    A mosquito bit my hand last week and it looked like an inflated glove.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Been feeling tired or washed out for no reason on rides recently?’ is closed to new replies.