Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Been diagnosed with calcific shoulder tendonitis – anyone else?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Had an ultrasound scan of my right shoulder this morning following two weeks of agony. Scan showed calcium deposits in the rotator cuff tendon and on the head of the humerus. Some were pretty big @ 9+mm.

I am going to have a procedure called barbotage which involves dissolving and aspirating the calcium under ultrasound guidance and local anaesthetic. Any of you good people had this done?

Anecdotes welcomed.

5lab

not had any diagnosis, but my right shoulder will randomly be in agonising pain for a whole day, then be pretty much ok the next day (small pains). should probably go to the docs at some point.

mtbfix

Barbotage sounds like a posh process for the removal of facial hair. Calcium is a metal so maybe you are turning into wolverine or some similar superhero? Not sure which superhero has the incredible power of a very sore shoulder though. Good luck with the treatment.

hora
    Free Member

Ouch. Speedily recovery vibes heading your way DerekSS

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Mine froze if thats any help, physio and exercises sorted that – now the other one is playing up… its hell getting old isn’t it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Been diagnosed with calcific shoulder tendonitis – anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.