Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Been denied a fun day in the snow :(
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Gutted. Virtually everyone i know, has this morning, been told not to go to work.

Unfortunately I am meant to be getting a lift in to work with my boss as my volvo is off the road and camper vans and snow dont really mixed. Even more unfortunately is that my boss lives 100 yds up the road from me so i can't even tell him the roads are impassable and to top it off he drives a Landrover.

Looks like im going to work then 🙁

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Good for you mate.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Pah. I've already been in for nearly an hour. Nice ride in though, and a nice ride last night! 🙂

headfirst
    Free Member

allthepies
    Free Member

>Pah. I've already been in for nearly an hour. Nice ride in though, and a nice ride last night!

Not sure about "nice ride" ! Was nuts riding in the opposite direction into Farnborough from Hogs Back area this a.m.

wwaswas

I work at home and I'm struggling to find an excuse not to be here…

guido

Just think of the Brownie points. To be redeemed on a dry hot summers day of dusty trails.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Was nuts riding in the opposite direction into Farnborough from Hogs Back area this a.m.

Yeah, it was hard work for sure, but I only fell off once and it was nice being the fastest vehicle out there for a while! 🙂

Just think of the Brownie points. To be redeemed on a dry hot summers day of dusty trails.

Nowt to do with that sadly: If I don't get in, I don't get paid. Simples. Only salaried workers take days off for snow…….. 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

In the 34 years I've been working, I or anyone I know has never missed a day to snow. I think people nowadays must be a tiny bit pants.

Everythings better, cars are better travel is better the roads are better the winters aren't as bad yet people seem to find it getting ever more harder.

CTML
    Free Member

Health and safety. that is all.

anagallis_arvensis

Everythings better, cars are better travel is better the roads are better the winters aren't as bad yet people seem to find it getting ever more harder.

Roads are more congested

Tracker1972
    Free Member

oldgit – Member
    cars are better

…but the bloody stupid wide tyres don't help. OK, they are great most of the time but really not much fun in this, got to love my M reg Micra though. Did a lovely job on everything apart from proper ice and even then gave me a chance.

sharkbait
    Free Member

cars are better

Warmer and comfier with better stereos……. but I doubt they're better in this weather. My dad used to tell me about how people religiously swopped from summer to winter tyres back in the day. Not now.

miketually
    Free Member

the winters aren't as bad

So when we do get bad weather, people don't know how to cope…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

We're shut today – call from the MD early door to say if you're stupid enough to have tried to go to work, go home.

Helps working in the middle of the countryside just about where the worst of the snow hit the south. Apparently all the roads are completely impassable.

Nice 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Well I've just phoned in to say I'm skiving off – don't think I can get my car off the drive, let alone up the hill to get off our housing estate. Was somewhat disappointed when the third person in the office I tried actually answered the phone – was kind of hoping nobody else would be there and I'd feel no guilt at all (having not been in yesterday I don't know whether everybody was sent home yesterday, as has sometimes been the case in bad weather). Yes I could cycle in – though would actually choose to ski in if I was going to do that, just so I could say I'd done it. However my health still isn't up to that, given I spent ages coughing after taking mini-aracer out in the snow yesterday.

racefaceec90

yeah it sucks.it's been snowing today and i have a cold so cannot ride in it on my new bike. 😡

john_drummer
    Free Member

well I tried to make the 30 mile journey from home to work today. The nearer I got to Leeds, and therefore the motorways, the worse it got.

I heard one guy phone into the radio station saying he'd taken over 3 hours to get down the A65 from Guiseley to Kirkstall – maybe 6 miles?

I got about 10 miles, just into Headingley, when the skies opened again, so I thought, rather than sit in traffic, I'll be more use to the company working from home. I'm an IT bod. so here I am at home. and the laptop is on next to me, dialled in via VPN

Fixedman
    Free Member

I'm searching a way to talk with One_happy-hippie about his sale.
    Someone can help me?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

yes you can email me one_happy_hippyAThotmailDOTcom

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Been denied a fun day in the snow :(’ is closed to new replies.