Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • been away from bikes without engines for a while but just built a new bike up ;)
  • firestarter
    Free Member

not everyones cup of tea i know but its what i was after and it was almost in on budget i had 850 but spent 880. built it while i took a day off from house renovation so cant ride it for a couple of weeks due to having to finish the house up but a quick scoot up and down and it feels good. very happy and mrs likes the fact ive moved away from a bike with an engine lol

geoffj

10/10 for colour coordination. Those frames really shouldn’t be left out in the sun too long though 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

btw one new tyre, new grips, new forks and a new deore 2×10 groupset from merlin on the cheap rest was sourced second hand. bargain i think

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers. yeah the coordination was an accident of the bits avail at the time of looking for parts i only bought the grips and saddle with a view to matching and tbh would have got black grips but black were 10 and the red were 3 😉

paul4stones

Welcome back 🙂

winston
    Free Member

That I like

Weight?

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers. ive no idea winston feels lightish but not too light i honestly couldnt say. much lighter than my triumph thats for sure 😉

winston
    Free Member

What is it with wives/girlfriends and bikes? My wife has been fully supportive of every lunatic whim I have had including going so far as buying me a paragliding course for a birthday present yet she has NOT STOPPED WHINGING since the day I passed my bike test and WON’T STOP WHINGING TILL THAT DAMN MACHINE HAS BEEN SOLD

Its probably safer riding than cycling on the road these days

firestarter
    Free Member

she used to have a bike too lol over the last two years we lost 4 friends on bikes so shes kinda gone off them to say the least

winston
    Free Member

Well thats fairly understandable then

Anyway congrats on getting an inbred that won’t rust – I think my next build will be a rigid carbon SS

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers apparently i can get ss dropouts for this should i decide to got that way in the future 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘been away from bikes without engines for a while but just built a new bike up ;)’ is closed to new replies.