Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Been advised not to use my frame.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

After yesterdays interface with the car and tarmac.

The bods I’m using to help me seem to know their onions right down to particular components.
    The frame ‘seems’ to be unmarked, but the bars wore through and it ground the teeth off the chainset. The STIs and rear mech are also damaged. I think that the damage along with the estimated speeds of the car and myself i.e 50 and 20mph is of concern to them.
    They recommend an x-ray, but that usually proves to be cost prohibative.
    Really not sure what to do.

Think I’ll buy a steely for day to day riding and training, and a light alloy frame for racing as that’s only usually for an hour tops.

singletrackmind

Did you get anywhere with the Police?
    Bummer the bikes almost a total loss.
    Bet you stiffened up overnight and are now discovering little bits that go OUCH now the adrenaline has worn off.
    Planet X have some cracking offers on MTB atm ie carbon 456 plus xt driveline for £599, might be worth a look at the website .Im no roadie so no idea what stuff costs in terms of campag etc
    Rob

oldgit
    Free Member

The police have taken the report and it’s being passed to Thames Valley.
    Cycle Claims are acting for me using MIB
    Doctors tomorrow to record injuries.

Will have to use my crosser until it’s sorted, as I don’t want to part with any cash until I know what’s happening.

The local cobler is repairing my shoes and I’ll have to wear my special needs helmet for now.

And yes I was up all night.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Been advised not to use my frame.’ is closed to new replies.