Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Beefy commuter/folding build…ugly but functional?…
  • awesom-o
    Free Member

Just built this up from a mix of new and used bits (some of you may recognize your old bits if you look closely 😉 )

Loads more pics here: http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc515/guando21/slingshot/

The frame just looks wrong but it rides OK. The goal was a heavy duty foldable commuter that can handle a hefty rider. Pretty much all the heavy duty factory folding bikes like the Montague Paratrooper etc seem to spec the max rider weight at around 215lbs. Slingshot reckon this frame can hold a rider near the 400lb mark (I’m nowhere near that heavy but it’s good to know 🙂 )

I haven’t weighed it yet but it feels heavier than my 29er hardtail. I’m surprised at how well it climbs with the rigid forks though. You rigid single-speeders are onto something here…(well I’m liking the rigid forks, I don’t think I’m up for single-speed yet :-))

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I haven’t weighed it yet but it feels heavier than my 29er hardtail HYBRID. I’m surprised at how well it climbs with the rigid forks though. You rigid single-speeders are onto something here…(well I’m liking the rigid forks, I don’t think I’m up for single-speed yet :-))

FTFY

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Glad to see you’ve got it built up – it doesn’t get more unique than this – liking the matching hub/brake combo

cynic-al
    Free Member

GOPPING!

Chapeau, sir!

awesom-o
    Free Member

She’s no beauty but maybe the uh…undesireable looks will keep the bike thieves away?…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

It’s so ugly it’s acceptable. Well done !!

samuri
    Free Member

Right, it’s errm, got no down tube.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Beefy commuter/folding build…ugly but functional?…’ is closed to new replies.