Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bee & Butterfly Garden Patch – Hows your going ?
  • redthunder
    Free Member

After weeks of looking like all I’ve grown was a weed patch … it’s jumped into life 🙂 Glad I’ve sacrificed some lawn 🙂

How is all yours going if you done one?.

Bees & Butterfly Garden Mix 🙂 by SGMTB, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58162507@N07/7510006376/

Bunnyhop

That really is beautiful.
    Mine has still too much green with only a tiny bit of colour, I’m aiming for a show of colour in the next fortnight.

Our whole garden is designed for wildlife anyway, I just wanted to step it up a notch with the ‘wild flower mini meadow’ patch, where just long messy grass grew.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

We never got the meadow together in time, but the Meconopsis and Primula are thriving.

redthunder
    Free Member

@mcmoonter

Looking good.

@bunnyhop

Looking forward to those pix 🙂

The turf I removed for the flower patch I placed around the base of a pear tree. This taken a grown long and now full of frogs, bonus 🙂

I took up some random slabs and that has turned into a poppy fest 🙂

And my nature pond from 2 years back have become a frog fest 🙂

What I like about the meadow patch is that it’s less lawn to cut. I might extend it next year.

PS the seed I used was from Morrisons for £2.

willard

Alas, I am banned from encouraging bees and other flying insects into our garden because my wife hates flying insects, sorry, ALL insects with a passion.

We have got some nice lavender though, but the slugs and snails have killed off all my lovely cottage garden flowers.

qwerty
    Free Member

I seem to have MASSIVELY over seeded the area and currently have a monster meadow fighting for space, we had our first poppy flower. Hopefully OT will settle over time.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Anyone planted a Buddlhiea sp? Butterfly bush I think as its more commonly known….. Seems to grow wild all over the place especially wasteland and brownfield sites. Get up close to one in flower and its positively teeming with bees, butterflies and bugs etc
    Lovely little purple flowers… Is it a native plant?

anagallis_arvensis

Its not native but bees love it

qwerty
    Free Member

We have planted a buddlhea behind our banked meadow, keria, hydrangea and some others. Plus a native hedgerow, now just gotta wait a few years…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bee & Butterfly Garden Patch – Hows your going ?’ is closed to new replies.