Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Beds/Bucks/Herts Roadies
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Anyone wanting a bit of fitness or want to ride with an organised group. There's the last Reliability trial of 2010 leaving Eddlesborough this Sunday 65 or 100K good mixed route and virtually all lanes.

oldgit
    Free Member

No interest from the local roadies or road curious then 😥

oldgit
    Free Member

Waymarked and sets off in estimated finishing time groups.

sofatester
    Free Member

Anyone wanting a bit of fitness or want to ride with an organised group. There's the last Reliability trial of 2010 leaving Eddlesborough this Sunday 65 or 100K good mixed route and virtually all lanes.

Waymarked and sets off in estimated finishing time groups

With people you can't trust on descents? No one waits if you get a puncture? Attacking on hills, when your eating a banana or having a wee?

Just like a club run then, count me in 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Is that a 😉 I'm in, or a 😉 yeah right!

sofatester
    Free Member

You decide 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Doh 😐

oldgit
    Free Member

Well it was very civilised, we waited on many occasions to re group, though that meant riding a 3H 50Min 100K 😳
    Cracking day, sunshine and blue skies and a little ice here and there.
    Edit: It was good to ride with thr type of rider you can trust, were you could leave an inch between tyres and feel safe, and get proper warning signals about conditions. Unlike the one and only sportive I've done, crashes galore, pseudo racers and poor riding manners.

Jase
    Free Member

So thats what you were doing.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Old.
    Email (see profile) me next you plan something like that and you perhaps think there'd be a group (slow) that I can tag along with as I can only manage 14mph and 3hrs – although I'm working on the 4hr duration at present.
    I'm on the mtn bike but have been riding the roads to build up my time-on-bike aerobic performance this year.

halfbee
    Free Member

It was good, but I had an icecream headache for most of the lap.

3h 35mins

mtb skillz came in handy for the uphill icy sections.

oldgit
    Free Member

Hi Jase, surprised you weren't doing it.

Ti29er, will do. We went off in the medium group and decided to stay together and we had a mixed age bunch and some laydeez. There was another time band group after us.

Halfbee, what were you riding just in case I saw you?My mate had to take off his glasses as the steel frames were killing him.

Jase
    Free Member

Forgot it was on until I saw a large peloton coming towards me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Beds/Bucks/Herts Roadies’ is closed to new replies.