Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bedgebury Insomnia
  • m1kea
    Free Member

Have done Thetford D2D a couple of times and will probably do so again year. Has anyone done Insomnia and if so, what do you reckon?

(I’ve not ridden at Bedgebury at all yet).

singletracksurfer

don’t think its running this year. I quite like Bedgebury. Quite natural, but gets muuuuuudy when wet.

dlr

It is running, link here and to the Boars club forum which has more info

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/79828/Insomnia-2012

m1kea
    Free Member

singletracksurfer
    I quite like Bedgebury. Quite natural, but gets muuuuuudy when wet.

After last year’s night of rain at Thetford, I’m geared up for mud.

Might give theit ‘Go’ race on Saturday a punt.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Yes, it’s all running this year. The only difference is that the last 3 years it was run by the BHF as a charity event, but this year it’s just a normal endurance race.

The course has been slightly altered so it will be all ridable even if it’s really wet. You’ll still get wet riding through puddles of course, but no axle deep mud for sure.

Please enter sooner rather than later though, as unless we get the minimum number by the middle of September we won’t be able to go ahead.

Cheers

Boris
    (Chief course marshal)

singletracksurfer

ah ok, I knew the BHF weren’t doing it.
    Good course and facilities. Worth going to.

m1kea
    Free Member

Boris YGM

mlp1
    Free Member

Did this race last year – great fun!!!

The details are now on the home page of the clubs website – http://www.boarsonbikes.co.uk

Better get those lights charged up!

tonertopup
    Free Member

Insomnia at Bedgebury- what a great event. Really looking forward to it this year. Nothing like being out in that forest at night!

leftygirl
    Free Member

As said by tonertopup, fantastic event, run by the lovely Bedgebury Boars, who for the last 3 years have organised a great event.
    And this year it will be much better as no Sponsor money to raise, so it will be a proper race!
    Going to try the solo event this year and see how I get on, as for the last two years have been in a mixed team.

Can’t reccomend this race highly enough, sooooo looking forward to it!

townydc
    Free Member

I rodeInsomnia as a two man team last year. It was great fun and we have entered this time as solo riders, it’s definitely worth doing.

mdb
    Free Member

Stupid question but are there charging facilities for lights? It’s not mentioned anywhere on the website or the pdf info sheet.

townydc
    Free Member

Hi yep I think Quench Cycles are offering a light charging facility.
    It might be worth checking with them or enquiring on the Boars forum.

Dave

vinnyeh

4 folk felt compelled to join, then comment on this thread for their first post. 8)

m1kea
    Free Member

After my weekend’s perambulations round the red run I’m v keen to get club mates out to do this.

Now I don’t know if my enthusiasm will wane after Thetford D2D and probably three solid weeks of rain during Oct but hey.

Oh and I presume the start/finish and pit area / ‘camping’ will be in the main car park?

dantsw13

I’m at Bedgebury with the kids this afternoon (Sadly no bikes due to my broken bones!). It’s amazingly dry underfoot, and the forecast for the next week is sunny! I love September!!

leftygirl
    Free Member

The course has been designed this year to be as all weather as possible with just a little natural trail, so if it does rain then it shouldn’t turn into a mud fest.

If you are thinking of entering this race then please don’t delay, enter asap as the club need to know numbers.

I have rode in this event for two years now and marshalled and it really is fantastic. Ask anyone who has also done it and they will say the same.
    The timing will be done by timelaps as last year, there will be mechanical support available, light charging available at Quench bike shop, floodlighting in the car park area and an all night cafe courtesy of the Pineatery.
    Please enter here: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/79828/Insomnia-2012

thanks. 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bedgebury Insomnia’ is closed to new replies.