Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bedgebury conditions
  • ef52
    Free Member

did anyone ride there today? whats the weather conditions like?

yetitony
    Free Member

Not ridden there for a while but read a thread on here saying it was destroyed and that a lot of sections had been completely destroyed over the winter. Some of it would not be open now until April.

Gonna leave it a while before I visit again.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

It was largely open last weekend and was sort of ok apart from death ruts down the main lines, however after the recent rain it’ll be wet as hell again. To be honest I wouldn’t bother for a couple of months, give the trail builders a chance to re-build their destroyed efforts and there’s not much pleasure to be had anyway.

yossarian
    Free Member

Based on previous experiences I’ll go for either very muddy and not much fun or extremely muddy and no fun

Shame really, classic example of a good concept ruined by poor execution and not much funding.

In no way a reflection on the enthusiastic and hard working trail builders down there. Fighting a losing battle with little support.

trevron73
    Free Member

Was there on Saturday ,it has held up well .The trail builders have worked there magic and hardcore has been put down sparingly on a couple of sections ,mostly ride-able apart from Deliverance, the snows gonna wet everything now i reckon

andypaul99
    Free Member

Bedgebury when wet is truly horrible, give it some dry out time to avoid dissapointment..which will probably be May at this rate…

tenfoot

I imagine parts of it it will be a muddy hell at the moment. The off road club are doing a great job though, as the soil is clay it doesn’t drain well. Bits they have worked on are much improved.

OT: anyone doing insomnia in July? This is the club’s 12 hour night race and worth a look.

leftygirl
    Free Member

Yeah I’m doing it tenfoot, looking forward to it! The conditions at Bedgebury atm are a bit better because of the drier weather, everything is much more rideable, apart froma couple of sections, give it a go! just needs to warm up a tad now 🙂

leftygirl
    Free Member

Yeah I’m doing it tenfoot, looking forward to it! The conditions at Bedgebury atm are a bit better because of the drier weather, everything is much more rideable, apart froma couple of sections, give it a go! just needs to warm up a tad now 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bedgebury conditions’ is closed to new replies.