Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bedgebury
  • Joe

Hello everyone,

A friend has suggested going for a bizzle at bedgebury this weekend. Is it worth the trip, what is there and are there any extensions on the end of it to make it any more interesting?

muddyground
    Free Member

It’s largely harmless. Depends on what you are used to really? If you’ve never been to a trail centre, and do limited cross country riding, some of the bits are a giggle. Go a bit faster and they’ll be a bit more entertaining. However, if you are used to places like Afan, you may well be disappointed. It makes good use of what is there, which is a flat bit of Kent. You can appreciate how hard the trail builders have worked to put in what they have, fair play. I kind of liked it for that. Just don’t expect it to challenge your 160mm enduro rig.

The cafe, however, is dire. Expensive and poor quality. Take your own food or eat in town afterwards. Oh and the car park charges are a tad high.

simon_g

It’s short but quite fun – as said, it’s a pretty flat bit of Kent. Do a couple of laps to feel like you’re getting some value from the £9.50 parking charge (although they have introduced off-peak £5 M-F outside school holidays).

Thankfully the cafe is getting redone.

flange
    Free Member

There’s some really good off-piste stuff there, which is way better than the red route. The facebook group is quite busy and I think they have a saturday AM ride which is well worth turning up for – leaves from the bikewash at around 10am from memory. I’d show you myself but I’m full of flu at the moment..

Mbnut
    Free Member

It is more likely to underwhelm than overwhelm.

But it really depends on your level and to some degree your attitude.

Ride it fast and it can be good fun, it is also a physically tougher loop than it might at first appear, especially in winter.

What I would say is if you are looking to go and murder the life out of it then weekends are best avoid, especially if the weather is reasonable. It is a great place for families and improving bikers and any attempt to Strava a section is likely to end in fustration.

Now i’d better go get the bikes sorted as my son and I are heading there later. He is 15 now and we have ridden Afan, Cwmcarn and Surrey Hills over the Xmas break but still enjoy a chilled loop at Bedge.

jonostevens
    Free Member

One thing I would say is consider giving it a miss at the moment. Can get very muddy this time of year. I haven’t been since early November and it was just on the turn then.

There has been a lot of work done to the trails over the last year or so which has improved the centre a lot. The new final run is really good, as is Sweetness, which is bermy and flowy.

Depends what you’re used to I suppose.

Take a hardtail if you’ve got one. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bedgebury’ is closed to new replies.