Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bedgebury
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Worth a visit today, or will the weather have turned it into a bit of a mess?

dantsw13

The main trails will be ok, although some puddles – the fire road links will be a boggy mess though.

mikey74
    Free Member

Well I went. Some thoughts:

– The main trails are really good fun.
    – How they concluded that the “Black” section is “severe” I’ll never know. However, it is a very good section of trail.
    – The fire roads, as you say, are a complete mess. I think this needs to be remedied if they are going to attract more people. However, I do appreciate the financial issues associated with this.
    – Although I enjoyed it, and I will go back, £8.50 is still an extortionate amount for parking; and what’s more, they wanted to charge for the bike wash on top of that. For that money, I’d expect my lunch thrown in, let alone a place to wash my bike [being facetious, by the way].

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikey74
    Free Member

Oh, one more thing: I noticed a couple of guys on DH bikes. Is there anything worth taking such a bike for? I’m interested as I have one and I’m always interested in new places to ride.

I couldn’t see anything, but then again I mainly stuck to the red and black route.

dantsw13

Mikey – glad you enjoyed it, they are doing a lot of work there this year. Cutting out the fire roads is part of the longterm plan, I believe.

I agree £8.50 is a lot for the carpark, but the FC have started putting a lot of money in – guess where that came from??? FWIW, locals can get an annual pass(£56), which for mtb and kids days out soon pays for itself.

The Bikewash is owned and run by quench cycles.

For DH, there is one little run of tables/berms, but not a lot. I believe a new free ride area may be in the pipeline.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bedgebury’ is closed to new replies.