Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bedfordshire – where to ride?
  • jay1357
    Free Member

Evening all,

Just moved south of Bedford (from South Wales). Wondering if anyone has any tips on where to ride around Bedfordshire and surrounding areas?

Thanks in advance!
    Jamie

allthepies
    Free Member

Sympathies etc.

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Chicksands is a pretty good place & Google ‘Sillygrin MTB’ who ride in the area.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

woburn, aston, chicksands bike park

all have waymarked trails of sorts

its just like wales, honest

+1 sillygrin

celticdragon

If you like hills, you’re in the wrong place!!!

Depends on what you like, there are quite a few bridal paths and RUPS.

maxtorque

Don’t despair too much. No we haven’t got any big hills, but there is plenty of techy riding hidden away. And with the M1 just there, you can be in the Peaks in 2 hrs, or cross country to the welsh boarders in a similar time……

Bullet

Take a look on the OS maps for the Barton Hills. Some pretty good climbs and descents for Bedfordshire. Not tech trails but nice bit of scenery and fast when it’s dry (hideously muddy when it’s wet though!)

jay1357
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips. Will take a look at the ‘waymarked’ trails to baging with, then get the IS map out. Also in the process of looking into Sillygrin as I type.

hammerite
    Free Member

Jamie, also just south of Bedford here. Spend a fair bit of time at Chicksands and Woburn (where I’ll be heading in an hour or so). Aston Hill is close. There’s loads of bridleways to ride too if that’s your thing.

Let me know if you want someone to ride with.

palmer77
    Free Member

Also, IMHO a great area for road riding, following the Greensands Ridge up and down for example…

then get the IS map out

I could make a Bedfordshire related comment here but I’d probably get banned.

ampthill

Woburn and possibly extended rides to and from Woburn on bridleyways

Chicksands

Loads in the Chilterns at this time of year .Barton Le-clay area through to Wendover and beyond. The Wendover end being better for single track

2 hours to the peaks. I think Wales in 2 hours is more optimistic

dekadanse
    Free Member

Dunstable Downs too.

hammerite
    Free Member

2 hours to Forest of Dean, Wales a bit more. Thetford (an hour), Cannock, Sherwood, Swinley, Surrey Hills all achievable in 2 hours too if you want a change of scenery.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bedfordshire – where to ride?’ is closed to new replies.