Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bedding new disc pads in………
  • ton

what is the best way please…….cos mine never last that long 😳

geoffj

10 – 20 short sharp stops with the aim of
    1. Curing the pad surface; and
    2. Matching the pad surface to any features on the discs.

Although some folk will say just ride and others will say, aaah but you need to transfer some pad material to the discs and some will……….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Different manufacturers give different instructions – basically you need to get them very hot while braking – multiple stops from speed. However some seem to bed in easily some take a lot of work to do so. Hopes seem to be in easily.

I pedal downhill with one brake on releasing when the speed drops and braking again as you come up to speed – do each brake separately. Half a dozen times each brake – get them really really hot.

You can tell from the feel when they are bedded in as the lever should feel firmer (maybe) and the brake works more efficiently. I have also done it simply by dragging the brakes down a hill slowly – but that was on the tandem that works the brakes harder.

will
    Free Member

I get a bottle of water. Squirt it on the break pads, ride very fast a break.

Repeat till they are very powerful, always works well for me, recommended by my lbs.

IHN

oh god, here we go….

waihiboy
    Free Member

urban myth!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bedding new disc pads in………’ is closed to new replies.