Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Bedding in brake pads – does it achieve anything?
  • klumpy
    Free Member

You had me until that bit. When did you last need to push the pistons in on your car (FWIW I use a screwdriver anyway) and when did you last store your car upside-down

Well I push pistons back in every time I change pads on anything, cos generally the news ones are thicker than the old. I don’t store my van upside down, but my dirtbikes and mountain bikes have always spent a fair bit of time that way up just as a normal part of being ridden. 😀 And I think the manufacturer would expect and allow for that.

Joe

Load of nonsense old wives tale STW rubbish. My brakes bed in after an hour on the trails.

Duggan

50 applications of the brakes?! 😆

Who the hell has time for that before a ride? or at all?

theblackmount
    Free Member

Fair dues Northwind…

From your Hope link:

“This procedure will achieve good braking performance but will reach its full potential after a few rides”

Ergo you still need to do a couple of rides to complete the bedding in process.

So like many folk I’ve been unable to detect any real world difference (in either longevity or braking performance) between bedding them in first and simply bedding them in by riding the bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Bedding in brake pads – does it achieve anything?’ is closed to new replies.