Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Becoming truly expatriated
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just realised I’ve given up asking for a pint over here in Oz, just going for large…

It’s one of those moments

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Pints are perfectly normal here in Melb. When Tassie gets to realizing that things need measuring you might be able to suggest the Imperial scale. 😆

Eventually you might get the IS units there. Say a hundred years or so.

zippykona

What happened to schooners?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

They are variable, know places in all states that serve them all… Depends on bar, city state and strength. Just had a pot served in a brandy glass, it was an imperial Russian though

phinbob

Here your choices are usually 16 or 22oz neither of which are a ‘proper’ pint.

mogrim

Here it’s cañas (little glasses), dobles (roughly twice a caña) and tercios (33cl). Occasionally jarras and minis, the latter confusingly a lot bigger than a usual beer. But very rarely “pintas”. I miss the beer more than the measure TBH.

Edukator
    Free Member

When you visit the UK and find the milk tastes disgusting. And the beer too.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I have to admit it was months before I realised the Aussies sold beer in glasses bigger than a Pot/Middy – they’re bloody tiny, it’s like asking for “a shot of weak Aussie piss please”.

Schooner’s are ‘more like it’ but I think they’re only 3/4s of a Pint.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I pronounce my th’s properly. 🙁

Xylene
    Free Member

When you forget you have to get a visa for one’s boy, and have to leave them behind at the airport. Who is going to carry the bags now?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Becoming truly expatriated’ is closed to new replies.