Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Beckham and the Olympics.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympics/london_2012/13755872.stm
    Should he be given a place or not?
    Is this just pre-olympic hype?
    Do you really give a toss?
    Is Team UK struggling?

jon1973
    Free Member

As long as he leaves Posh at home, I don’t really mind. Although maybe we should give a chance to someone else.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Are Scotland/Wales/NI still refusing to play?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Are Scotland/Wales/NI still refusing to play?

Yup – certainly scotland. The SFA will never accept a UK team

bikebouy
    Free Member

Aren’t we seperate legal entities (ie: countries)? in which case why a GB Team?
    Ok, so there is precident with the cycling, rowing, bowls, yadda yadda therefore it makes sense a UK Team.
    However should BoringBeko be involved, nah, he’s way past it and crap now.

I’d like to see poshbird run around a pitch though, Hockey anyone?

binners

Oh God! Here we go!

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please stop it already with your achingly predictable anti-English diatribes.

What on earth happened to you down here to make you so strident? Did the English Defence League kill your puppy as a child or something? Did NF members regularly give you a wedgie, flush your head down the toilet and steal your dinner money?

Have you blanked it out? Maybe you need therapy? Maybe this could be it?

Come and have a lie down on the sofa uncle jezzer. I want you to tell me about your childhood……..

binners

Sod it! I’ll bite anyway. Jezzer – Scotland saying they wouldn’t put players forwards is like me saying I’ve decided to withdraw my services to the Team Sky Tour de France Squad. I’m sorry, but Bradley is going to have to do it without me this year 🙄

geoffj

😆 @ Binners

cheeseburger
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Yup – certainly scotland. The SFA will never accept a UK team

Don’t follow football much, can somebody summarise what the problem is?

I read a couple of articles but still seem to be missing the point. Are the SFA concerned that they’ll be bypassed if a GB team is formed?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No anti english diatribe – merely answering the question.

The reason for it is if the SFA accept a uk team for this they fear that they will be forced to enter a UK team into all international competitions.

As you rightly point out tho there is hardly a non English person to get into the UK squad 🙂 Nor have Scotland qualified for much in recent years

binners

You’d jinx us too. It’d mean we’d get Brazil every opening game 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

However should BoringBeko be involved, nah, he’s way past it and crap now.

This was more the point, is putting the marketing tool Beckham in the team just that, marketing?
    As there isn’t a full UK (or is it GB now?), the football is going to be a bit of a farce?

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Let him play especially as he was born and grew up in the area, seems a nice enough bloke especially compared to some of the footballing scumbags these days

Not as though we are going to win it anyway

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’m an east end lad

who’d rather support and play for Manchester Utd than his local team!! 😕

Junkyard
    Free Member

What on earth happened to you down here to make you so strident?

Scotland ius up from England
    As above th eothe rfederations who all have individual rperesntation at FIFA and are recognised think that by staging a UK team they will get rid of them all and have a UK team. For patriotic reasons [ or self interest if you want to insult beurocrats] they declined

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Aren’t we seperate legal entities (ie: countries)? in which case why a GB Team?

We enter the Olympics as Great Britain…

nickjb
    Free Member

Giggs and Becks in the squad, Fergie to manage them. There’s 3 home nations right there 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Giggs and Becks in the squad, Fergie to manage them. There’s 3 home nations right there

The flaw in that is that there will be no problem getting Becks and Fergie to play at home, Giggs on the other hand…

Hairychested
    Free Member

The full UK team would certainly be better than Burberry/Bells/Sheep lovers alone. Certainly there are a couple of Welshmen who are very decent, there is Fletcher from the land of tartan, some English lads know how to play too. Fergie as their manager? Nope, Elfin would do it better.

xcgb
    Free Member

we made that backdrop last week 8)

geoffj

Lol @ don simeone

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Beckham and the Olympics.’ is closed to new replies.