Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • beauty contest. HARDTAILS
  • Kit
    Free Member

What is the 3rd one?

sunnrider
    Free Member

That´s the one I´d take home.

watsontony
    Free Member

VOTING CLOSING AT 10PM

nikk
    Free Member

svalgis Why would you call it a hard “tail” if it’s all “hard”? The fact that you mention the “tail” implies that the front is “soft”. You wouldn’t call a full suspension bike a softnose, would you?

tazzymtb – Member harks back to days of early ATB’s where you had rear suspension like this

In fact, harks back to motorcycles AFAIAA.

_tom_
    Free Member

Fontmoss, still really like that bike! Looks awesome for xc.

Ticklinjock

3 wins by a nose IMO

watsontony
    Free Member

any more votes?

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

No.1 for me.

haggis1978

@Khani i’ve got a 19″ P-29er bud so shows us that wife and those camels and we’ll see what we can work out 😉

LenHankie
    Free Member

Limkilde’s (No5). Lovely.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Raleigh Mustang 1st

Somafunk a close 2nd.

jameso

1 vote for Somafunk’s Ti (Cove?) – HTs are rarely good-lookers but it’s minimal, logo-free , balanced silver /black parts, doesn’t have a white fork and looks sorted for the job. Nice bike mr, etc )

watsontony
    Free Member

votes are very close so far. well between 2 bikes

somafunk

Cheers peeps, i’m preparing my winning speech at the moment 😀

Here’s another pic to sway/influence the undecided voters, with the forks down at 110mm travel this time – see?….i give you choices!.

labsey
    Free Member

1 for me.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I retract my vote for somafunk on aggressive canvassing grounds… 😛

watsontony
    Free Member

Just a reminder of the contestants

khani
    Free Member

@Khani i’ve got a 19″ P-29er bud so shows us that wife and those camels and we’ll see what we can work out

Well here are the poo camels, very rare Uzbekian dwarf camels..

And the mrs

When can I pick it up?…

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

OMG – That rear end can’t b real……. 😕

khani
    Free Member

Oh but it is… 8)

watsontony
    Free Member

Khani That is almost certainly not a hard tail.

khani
    Free Member

Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it…

patriotpro
    Free Member

Close thread, khani’s won 😯

somafunk

Damn!…..I’ve blown it!…….Time to play dirty

Vote for me or the ikle kitten gets it

remoterob
    Free Member

Just noticed the impeccable attention to detail of the levers on No.2, it gets my vote, even if the theme isn’t carried through to the pedals.

wrecker
    Free Member

somafunk

#2 would Ideally have a Ringle zooka stem and Ringle seatpost with TI flite saddle and Grafton brakes with Pauls levers, ditch the rapidfire and fit Pauls thumbies, perhaps a set of Answer Hyperlite bars as well – then it would be absolutely perfect, despite those shortcomings it’s still a looker.

watsontony
    Free Member

ok so results are in.

1st- number 3 with 11 votes
    2nd- number 1 with 9 votes
    3rd- number 5 with 4 votes
    4th- number 2 and 4 joint with 2 votes each

so somafunk hope you have a speach prepared. and feel free to alter the rules for your round.

zbonty

Further fails on No.2 include odd shifters, brake cable not tucked in behind caliper, cable boot not seated on brake noodle, disc hub wheels on retro bike, rear cable routing and odd colour cable outers. Not sure whats going on with the upper headset bearings and there appears to be a scottie dog for a frame bag!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

What’s with all the super ugly bikes on this thread? And those 5 chosen are among the worst!

watsontony
    Free Member

it was first 5 bikes posted. and i think the shan (number 1) is very nice. my dream hardtail anyway

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Number 1 looks ****. The stem is too short, the forks are too long, its got a nodder post on it and a **** huge bit of unnecessary pipe welded between the top tube and seat tube.

Somafunks is probably the best, although the forks are a touch to long so it throws the angles out slightly and makes the BB look a bit to high.

I’m glad I’ve cleared that up for you.

somafunk

Thank you….Thank you all….My…My!….I’m quite overcome with emotion and feel rather giddy and shaky…..or that may be due to the celebratory drink, a lovely 14yr old malt, and the forks are Talas so they can be adjusted for 140mm downhill stupidity or 110mm singletrack bimbling – perfect for both worlds.

I raise my glass in deference to your admiration of my work in creating such a hardtail as it is due in no small part to the wise words and advice from all you out there in singletrack world who pushed and encouraged me to continue with the build when so much was conspiring against me, Damn you headtube trouble….Damn you to hell and back to hell again!, If you followed the Hummer’s trials and tribulations on the original forum posts back in August then you know who you are, i salute you all, man….woman…child…..discarded kittens included – without your continuing encouragement the hummer build may have fallen by the wayside and i may have settled for an inferior frame.

And now….the speech……

I’d like to thank Ben @ Kinetics, Glasgow for preparing my frame ready for build,

Without Ben’s willingness to carry out much needed preparation then all that followed would be in vain,

Bens’ movements are a blur, from originally being unsuitable for use to primed and prepped for build and it ended up like this, a perfect blend of form & serious function.

So without further ado i’d like to end my speech by saying i have enjoyed…..

at the top of the board but it is time for this……..

and…….

to finally say to you all………

PS….The next beauty contest will be for Full Suspension MTB’s, I’ll start the ball rolling with an old favourite of mine…..

gb1m
    Free Member

Number 1 looks ****. The stem is too short, the forks are too long, its got a nodder post on it and a **** huge bit of unnecessary pipe welded between the top tube and seat tube.

Its built like that for a purpose

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3a-J1WM-o4[/video]

Try riding like that with your long stem , short forks and your seat in the air.

timidwheeler
    Free Member

*Just in from pub*
    I vote for number 3.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Its built like that for a purpose

Great, it still looks like shite.

Try riding like that with your long stem , short forks and your seat in the air.

I imagine most of the people who buy this frame will be better off riding it with a long stem and short forks since it’ll only get used for mincing round swinley forest or similar.

watsontony
    Free Member

I imagine most of the people who buy this frame will be better off riding it with a long stem and short forks since it’ll only get used for mincing round swinley forest or similar.

im getting one when saved up and i promise i will hammer it

gb1m
    Free Member

Great, it still looks like shite.

In your opinion

More fool them

binners

The first thing that springs to mind when looking at some of these bikes, is that I wouldn’t fancy waking up next to any girl you lot would deem as attractive 😯

wrecker
    Free Member

More fool them

Don’t rise to him. He’s been promoted to No1 troll here since GW left. Knows it all, and he’s only about 18 years old………

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘beauty contest. HARDTAILS’ is closed to new replies.