Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bearings for sun ringle black flag pro wheels
  • DickBarton

Evening, my black flag pros have finally given up their bearings…front are rough and rear are just turning. Apparently. Need 6804 on the front and 6902 on rear…other than that, does anyone know what spec of bearing. Need? Doing a search for that brings up a large amount and they also range is sizes.

I can’t find any detail on the sun ringle site and hot wheels don’t seem to do a pack of bearings so. Think. Need to go to a local supplier and buy…but I’ve no idea what to ask for and don’t want t remove the bearing in case they don’t have replacements and then I’m totally wheel less.

Thanks.

coatesy
    Free Member

You’ll need a suffix of 2-RS after the bearing no. to signify it has 2 rubber seals fitted. Probably best to avoid the cheap & nasty options as quality can be a bit poor. Simply Bearings, or Ka-tec are a good place to start as far as price, quality, and service go.

CheesybeanZ

Ka-tec fitted In mine , great price and quality .

b45her
    Free Member

if the black flags have the same level of sealing as the charger expert wheels get about 12 sets of bearings that way you may get through the year.

DickBarton

they have lastsd me 2 years so I’m pleased with that. what dimensions do I need? can’t tell if they are 7 or 10mm wide…I think it is a 20mm internal diameter and 32mm external (I think).

bigyinn
    Free Member

As long as you have the bearing code, thats all you need. That code is unique to bearings with those dims.

DickBarton

ok, ta…daft question, is the code on the bearing? if so, where?

theblackmount
    Free Member

You already have the codes (they are on the seals)

Ergo you need: 68042RS and 69022RS

DickBarton

I thought that as well until I did a search for those codes and they come up with loads of different dimensions or are the differing dimensions variants of 68xx and 69xx?

theblackmount
    Free Member

Eh? No bearing codes cross reference to specific / unique dim’s. Albeit in your case 61804 and 61902 are exactly the same as 6804 and 6902

Here let’s make it easy – they are both on this page:

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/items.asp?CategoryID=107&Name=Sealed+Bearings

DickBarton

thanks…moment of thickness on my part!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bearings for sun ringle black flag pro wheels’ is closed to new replies.