Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bearings
  • marcfoy89
    Free Member

I am after some suspension pivot bearings for my Nukeproof Mega 2016,been to a local bearing supplier and they don’t stock them, where sell decent bike specific bearings.

z1ppy

what size are they? I use a local bear shop or online, using proper ebay stores (not some random ebayer) to get branded bearing (FAG, INA, etc)

Onzadog
    Free Member

For pivots, I tend to prefer enduro max bearings. More biggers balls as there’s no cage. Designed for low speed high load applications like suspension pivots.

shortyj15

http://nukeproof.com/wp-content/uploads/NP_Frame_Manual_2015.pdf

From what I gather the bearings seem all a fairly ordinary size

marcfoy89
    Free Member

Found them on Chain Reaction, 2016- they have changed the bearings, had a look at enduro max and they dont do them. The code for them is F6802VH7.

noahhowes
    Free Member

Surely that’s just a 6802 bearing? Enduro will be happy to supply those. The old bearing will likely have a numerical code written on the side of them.

z1ppy

6902-2RS Bearing is what this 2016 manual says on page 19 though going by your code suggest 6802’s, where did you get that from?
    Email Nukeproof to confirm?

cyclelife
    Free Member

The bearing is numbered F6802VH7. It is nothing like a normal 6802, it has a flange and the inner ring is wider than the outer.
    I can not find these anywhere apart from CRC!

joebristol

Have you tried BETD? Got my last bike bearings there and they were really helpful / the bearings were much better quality than what came out of my bike (Boardman Pro FS) as standard.

They were nice standard bearing sizes though.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Spoken to a few suppliers and manufacturers of bearings, these are a special batch made for Nukeproof in China and are not available anywhere else.
    So we’re stuck with these crap bearings and changing them every 6 months.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bearings’ is closed to new replies.