Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bearing tool
  • tony07
    Free Member

Can someone recommend me the proper tools for changing the bearings in a specialized fsr frame (status).

Have changed a pitches bearings using the hammer and socket method but need to upgrade!

z1ppy

Bearing press and removal tools simply don’t come cheap..
    Superstar Componets sell some and so do RRP (bejesus RRP are expensive, £55 from CRC for just the press), then there’s Endura, Betd’s or even one from Specialized

You can get complete kits covering all bearing sizes but there mega expensive.

z1ppy

Madison’s

and just to finish off, how’s about a blind bearing puller for those awkwardly located bearing that fall apart on disassembly..

oh and some spare heads just in case those supplied don’t fit (TBF I don’t know for sure they use the same thread as the puller)

tony07
    Free Member

Dearer than I thought. Anyone any experience with the superstar bearing tool?

12fifty
    Free Member

Dearer than I thought. Anyone any experience with the superstar bearing tool?

It disintegrated before I had even tried to remove it from my toolbox.

z1ppy

I will add, I managed my m8 fsr stumpy frame without any special tools, just this home made tool (parts to make it are on the next picture along) & sockets

donkers
    Free Member

I did the blind bearings with expanding bolts from jewsons. The type that are used for fixing into concrete. Don’t get the brass coloured, get the silver ones with thin walls. Pop in the hole half way and tighten up, the end will flare and create a lip behind bearing. Then press or drift out as usual 😉
    You’ll need to cut lip off after each use but you’ll get three goes out of one…and they’re a quid each.

mattrgee
    Free Member

There’s a video somewhere of a guy removing the bearings with nothing more than a vice and various sockets. One socket is used to push the bearing out while another is used to create space behind the bearing.

Found it!

wwaswas

a guy

A guy!?!!?

That’s Kaesae doing his bearing thing in between being zapped by postal workers with death rays and abducted by aliens.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bearing tool’ is closed to new replies.