Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bearing Puller/Search Numpty Question
  • drofluf
    Free Member

A few days back there was a post asking about an eBay Bearing Puller but I can’t find it 🙁

Please can anyone who’s better at searching than me post a link?

Thanks

boxelder

?

Do you mean a bearing puller, or bush drift thing?

drofluf
    Free Member

Think it was a puller? But I’m after a tool to remove bearings from a Surly singlespeed hub or Hope hub more elegantly than a hammer and chisel.

creagbhan

Type ‘blind bearing puller’ and find the size you need

Suggsey
    Free Member

Full set from tool tool mart is about £100. Blind bearing collet set with slide hammer.

survivor
    riddoch

I found a set on Amazon for £29, linky no idea of the quality..
    I also found ones for about £10 but that was single size and you had to tap them out yourself.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

I got one of these off eBay for £23 recently:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Inner-Bearing-Puller-Set-Kit-Remover-5-PCS-Blind-Internal-Slide-Hammer-/301527473632?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4634701de0

It’s very useful overall, but I find there’s too big a jump in size between each expander, but I’m not complaining for that price.

To give an example of sizes, the largest of those expanders just squeezes behind the bearing of a Shimano press-fit BB92, and gets it out nicely. An example of gaps between expander sizes: The smallest expander (1) was too small for a 6802 bearing, and the next size up (2) was too big, but after grinding the edge of (2) down, it fitted a 6802 just right.

I can double check the fitting with a 6803 if you want ?

Overall, OK product, but I would only recommend it for blind bearings where you have no choice – for parts like suspension linkage where you can get a bearing driver behind the bearing, I much prefer pressing the bearings out.

drofluf
    Free Member

I can double check the fitting with a 6803 if you want ?

If it’s not too much trouble, yes please!

Suggsey
    Free Member

To be fair I brought the automotive set but that set from superstar is great looking value!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bearing Puller/Search Numpty Question’ is closed to new replies.