Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bearing puller
  • jpacey
    Free Member

Anyone using a bearing pro tools bearing puller?
    It’s the sort that grip the bearing then you tap it out with a hammer
    I was hoping to get a wind out extractor but can’t find one that isn’t too expensive (rrp ones seem sold out everywhere)
    Knocked hub bearings out/in with a drift before but a bit more apprehensive Doing this on my frame

Cheers

James

davros

Have you looked at kinetic tools? I got one for my specialized frame which did the job nicely. And not too expensive.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I’ve used my puller a few times but found it does slip unless very tight! It’ll work fine if the bearings aren’t stuck solid but you may have to use a few different approaches if they are..

jpacey
    Free Member

Cheers
    Just had a look and Would be perfect but they are out of stock for the one I need

jpacey
    Free Member

Thanks rock, that was my concern, didn’t want to just end up having to **** it harder until it came out
    Is it possible to use a bearing press as an extractor using a big socket as the female Part?

Wally
    argee

I have the RRP and it works a treat, but do remember before having this using a socket set, threaded bar (to fit through the socket square drive hole) and some rubber bungs, spacers and so on to make a DIY one, always an idea if you have a DIY store nearby you can get the bits from, and a socket set of course.

argee

P.S, if you’re in the Bristol area, you’re welcome to borrow my RRP kit (i have kits 7, 9, 11 & 14), plus i have a slide hammer set just like the one above.

jpacey
    Free Member

Thanks agree

I’m in North Yorkshire but appreciate the offer

Tracey

We have the same one as Wally. Had it for years and never had a problem removing bearings or damaging a frame.

jamiemcf

I’ve got the RRP and bearing pro tools. Both work with m8 threaded rod so don’t bother with the RRP press tool, just buy the drifts. I got mine from Wych bearings.

I use a 13mm spanner and ratchet spanner, works a treat.

kula72
    Free Member

I used those to do mine recently. Worked a treat, really easy.

ogden
    Free Member

I bought the bearing pro tools bearing pullers and they were crap, didn’t work on any of the bearings. He is a nice chap and offered to send me some more for free or give me a refund which was nice. I do have a few of his drifts which are good for the money.

The RRP ones are really good if they aren’t blind bearing but the £ does add up if you need a few. Once you’ve got them though they’ll be good for loads of bikes. Worth the investment.

Murray

Just done the bearings in my Camber, first time I’ve done it myself. I used the Bearing Pro blind puller and drifts plus odd sockets and washers. Relatively easy to do despite 5 years of corrosion. Note to self, do this once a year for the sake of £25 of bearings!

Bearing Pro blind puller worked, you need to do the inside ones of the doubles first so you can hammer from the outside.

I’ll be buying the puller that Wally suggested for next year’s change.

mrelectric

I bought the Superstar kit and found it great for occasional use

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bearing puller’ is closed to new replies.