Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bearing Press / Removal Tool
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

Anyone recommend one?

The R.R.P. one looks good, but at £60 plus £20 or so per bearings size, it’s more than I want to pay for something I’ll use once or twice a year and I need two sizes just to do the pivots on my frame.

I had a quick look at Screwfix, but the only one they had was a massive industrial looking thing for Cars I suspect.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Bodge. Hammer and screwdriver for removal. Threaded rod, washers and wing nuts for press (and old bearing on top of new to help press in).

😀

Isn’t always easy but works well for me for hub and headset bearings. Pivot bearings on my Nomad I’ve got done by the shop so far, mainly because the bearings are lifetime warranty and there’s 8 of them in the two linkages so I pay £35 for the shop to do it which is cheaper than a set of 8 bearings. Plus carbon links and a little fiddly so not so keen on bodge.

Blind bearings you’ll generally need a proper tool for to get them out.

warpcow
    Free Member

I was looking at the Superstar ones, but they’re out of stock for what I need just now.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah I looked at the SuperStar ones, but the 6902 one I want is out of stock and they don’t list them for 628, nor does RRP for that matter!

lornholio
    Free Member

Slide hammer & collet set for removal (£16 on eBay).

M8 bolt, nuts & big washers for pressing (£2 at local hardware shop).

I’ve done my Bronson bearings twice with this. Why spend more?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bearing Press / Removal Tool’ is closed to new replies.