Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Bearing my Soul (warning Cotic build pics)
  • mcboo
    Free Member

….and Middleburn cranks…..better and better……

Speshpaul

Cheers boys, not feeling to good today so i haven’t tackled andything, thou that front wheel isn’t going to buildt itself.

LenHankie

Looking great.

Interesting comment from Tinsy on the shadow rear mech – just put an SLX on to replace an old ( 2005?) XT when I built up my Five, seems much noisier – or is that just the old Orange swingarm amplifier effect?

tinsy
    Free Member

LenHankie.. maybe to do with the bike as you say, put one on my hartail and its soooo much quieter as it cant bang itself on the chainstay on rough stuff… (still a little chainslap)

ononeorange

Is there another update on the way?

Speshpaul

Yes just built the front wheel, and then jumped through the logging on to STW again hoop.
    I'll get some pictures done soon.

Speshpaul

Right the auld girl has even made it out side !!
    Just need to sort the front brake out and then its final fit and torque everything up.
    Tidy.

john_l
    Free Member

Nice. Did you say that this has replaced a 305? Any particular reason?

Wozza
    Free Member

Nice, the silver and black has worked out well. Was sceptical about the wheels but they look great!

Speshpaul

Yeap it was to replace my 305. Reason, well i had one of the first 303's and when i brought that it was a very close call between a 303 and a Soul. In fact i got to the point where i would have been happy with either so my mate at my LBS order in a 303 so i brought. Job done. 18months down the line the 303 cracked, and was eventully replaced with a 305. When i built up the 305 i said i'd sell it whilst it was still in warranty, so when i broke my leg i thought as the warranty will be up before the leg heals so it can go. And i'll take my time building up the Soul bit by bit.

Speshpaul

Wozza cheers for that, just remember where you saw them 1st;-)

AntM
    Free Member

Nice set up, the silver works really well. I went for all black on mine with white Menjas and bar grips but I like the subtle effect. thanks for sharing the build up.

roper
    Free Member

Would you look at that? Tis very nice build indeed. Nice and subtle works well.
    Thanks for posting the updates.

P.S good effort with the scattered dinosaurs but you could leave a few dirty mugs lying around.

ononeorange

Excellent thread. Thanks for the updates and brilliant looking bike. Hope you're soon up and about and riding it.

Hopefully finish mine off in the next few days – finally got all the parts now. Won't look as good as that though!

69er
    Free Member

So now you'll be called coticpaul?

Speshpaul

So now you'll be called coticpaul?

No, as someone told me on here a few years back the Spesh is for special needs!

The dinosaurs grow from the dirty mugs:-)

If i can muster the courage to shorted the braided front hose i might get that on today. One of the very few bike related jobs i really don't like.

Speshpaul

Well the sun was shining yesterday so i took some pretty much finished photos. I haven't fitted the computer yet but i think everything else is done.
    I've also pretty much finished overhauling my RC40's as well they looking pretty damn fine. So i guess the next job will be the S-works FSR, maybe that needs a full strip and rebuild.
    Stay Frostie
    Paul

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Bearing my Soul (warning Cotic build pics)’ is closed to new replies.