Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • bearing help!!
  • oneoneoneone
    Free Member

where can i get "38802" cheap?

BETD want £15 for 2 (i need 6)

i asked jungle what code it was and they told me 6901 so i got 6 of them and they where wrong!! there too small in all ways

any help please?

DT78
    Free Member

I'm surprised jungle gave you the wrong info, maybe you weren't clear in the question you asked them?

Why don't you just buy the correct bearing kit from jungle? It really wasn't that much when I looked to do it on my nomad August last year (£55 from memory for all axles, fittings & bearings). If you need new bearings your most likely need at least one new axle.

The more expensive thing was the £35(ish) tool you need. I don't think you can do the replacement without it. Any bikeshop that sells SC should have one.

EDIT – actually I recall there were two types of nomad mk1 (mk1 and revB) and it is dictated by there being a little 'x' on the shock linkage. Best to speak to jungle again. It's what I did.

Second EDIT – When I replaced the bearings I actually found that most of the slop in the suspension was from a worn shock bushing, not the bearings (only 3 needed replacing). I also had to replace 2 axles which were seized in the bottom linkage. If you didn't know your supposed to pop them out and grease them every 6 months….

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

there £50 for the bearing kit only!!

its also for a nomad.

jungle are snowed out so cant ask them!!

they dont have the bearings in stock "38802"

stuck!!! and i fly out of the country soon for 7 months

DT78
    Free Member

Ah, well I'd strongly suggest not starting the job if you've got to go away soon, depends on how knackered your suspension is (I did mine because I had the bike 2 years and thought it was due a rebuild, I only had a very slight knock, no creaking or flex).

It took me a good few days of soaking the axles (and a large hammer) to get them out. It turned into a bit of a nightmare job.

gusamc
    Free Member

can you measure old bearings bore, diam size and plug in here LHS

http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/ball_bearings.php?gclid=CNTqtNWljZ8CFYIA4wodeheGHQ

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

mine smashed!! so i have to get them done.

it took me 4 hours trying to get the axels out!

i got the top bearings from jungle. but im now stuck.

i better get on the lathe and the mill and make things fit!!
    :mrgreen:
    ANGRY NOW

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

it must be specific to santa cruz!!

i have called loads of places and they cant help!

DT78
    Free Member

Have you tried calling bike shops that deal with SC – they might have some stock lying around (unlikely though).

And how on earth did your bearings smash?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

not sure!!

i was thinking they where a bit loose so had a look and they where cracked in multiple places and the bore was sized on to the axle. so i had to cut it off!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘bearing help!!’ is closed to new replies.