Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Beardy people…. What beard trimmer?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

Ive had the same Phillips beard trimmer for about ten years, and it doesn’t really cut that well.

What trimmers do those with beards recommend?

Cheers

Ricks

windydave13
    Free Member

lunge

I’ve got a Remington MB4045 that is pretty good, trim well, no pulling, does the job. But, if I bought again, something with a vacuum function might be good.

SaxonRider

I just use scissors and a comb.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I liked my Phillips, got another when the battery died (replacement didn’t cut it)

CraigW
    Free Member

Wahl clippers, mains powered. Much better at cutting than the Philips battery thing I had.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I use a Bayliss i-trim stubble. I keep my beard short so it’s not hacking into a thick thatch and works fine for me. It’s cheap-is at £25. I wouldn’t spend any more on a beard trimmer.

jimjam
    Free Member

I had two fancy Braun ones and they got blunt pretty quickly. Now using a Tesco £12 job and I can’t tell the difference. Will get another when it wears out.

Scapegoat

I use the Remington one with a beard comb and stubble trimmer. The comb thing means you can trim and keep a longer beard, not just stubble. MB 4045 or something like that. It has a detail trimmer flippy out thing, and can be used plugged into the mains so it runs fast enough to shave my head comfortably

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The Wahl clippers that get more use giving my hair a grade zero, goaty beards don’t tend to last long before the itching drives me insane in the membrane!

zilog6128

Wahl clippers, mains powered.

this, cost about £12, best thing I’ve used for the job

hammyuk
    Free Member

Babyliss have a grooming set.
    Beard trimmer works great but recently I’ve switched to using the larger comb on either 2 or 4 and it’s far better, neater, etc.
    Was £30’ish from Argos.
    Have one here and another abroad

TiRed

Remington. All are excellent. Had the cheapest and the battery died after six years. Have a posher one now, but has same functionality. They just work.

funkmasterp

I just use scissors and a comb.

Get a good pair of scissors, Sanguine have some good ones at decent prices, a Kent comb and take it steady. Are we talking beard past the neck or still on the face? If short then any trimmer with a guide should do the trick.

DrJ

Wahl mains clippers. End of.

It’s one of those things where you can buy them right now or you can wait till your blingier clippers wear out and then buy them. Save yourself some grief.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mains? Na…. rechargeable for me, as I do the head and beard strolling around the garden, masked by a cloak of manliness….

IHN

Wahl rechargeable things, can then use it in the shower. There’s also a useful nose hair attachment 😳

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Wahl Groomsman, mucho cheapo but good quality from Amazon

pocpoc
    Free Member

Philips oneblade for me.
    Bought it as a bit of a gamble but it’s great. Old trimmer used to pull rather than cut quite a lot, even from new. This thing has never pulled a hair once and is so simple to use, easy to clean and battery lasts a long time.
    Hair does seem to go everywhere though!
    I’ve not tried it on the longest setting, my beard is too ginger by the time it gets to that length 😕
    Some of the blurb mis-sells it as a shaver – it isn’t, it’s a trimmer.

mikedabear
    Free Member

I have a Gillette Pro Styler. I have no complaints about it. It is water proof so can wash it under a running tap and it runs on a single AA battery which I have had to change only once in two years.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Beardy people…. What beard trimmer?’ is closed to new replies.