• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ji.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bean to cup
  • eruptron
    Free Member

Bean to cup. Would you?
    I have a very tired old Gaggia classic I bought second hand. Must be over 10 years old now.
    Thinking of buying a bean to cup as the new Classic doesn’t seem a patch on the old one.
    Will I be very disappointed with my espresso’s in the morning? or will the lack of faff be the winner?
    I’ve seen a heavily reduced Delongi in Curry’s will I regret it?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Was in your boat.

Had a Gaggia Coffee (pre classic). Made a decent shot.

However, got a Saeco Intelia bean to cup. Convenience, great. Espresso shots not as good, but turn it on in the morning and hit “half pint of espresso” and a steaming mug appears full with ease. The only real issue is being oh so more convenient I’m drinking a lot more coffee. 1kg bag of beans lasts me 2 weeks sometimes less. Wife does drink the odd one but not as often as moi.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Depends. I had a manual espresso machine and used it for about 10 years and got, what I thought, was a very acceptable coffee out of them, but got bored of the faff. I had a dalliance with pod machines but was never satisfied with the coffee, so took the plunge with a Delonghi Bean to Cup that was on sale that I was tipped off on here. I’ve never looked back. I can get as good if not better coffee from it than I could get with a manual espresso machine, and more consistent. If you’re an anal coffee aficionado then it will never do, but in reality its convenient, makes a great coffee every time, low maintenance. Not sure what more you really want.

bruneep

I did.

I have a jura ena5 it has given me years of flawless service and coffee if it were to break today I would buy another jura machine without hesitation.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Delonghi Bean to Cup

got one of them for xmas – so much less faff than the moka pot.

set the timer to switch it on just before i get up so its done its pre rinse and then i stick a cup under – press the button – gan for a leak and when i come back there is coffee 😀

the bonus being that unlike the moka i dont have to boil the kettle…

No idea on longevity though – although we have 2 of the older versions in our office and they have taken a beating over the years and i cant remember them ever being broken – or even cleaned !

epicsteve
    Free Member

We’ve got a 2 of the Delonghi machines that are usually on sale at £300 or so and they’ve been great. Wouldn’t go back to any other method for coffee – previously we used a seperate grinder.

Flaperon

Had a Delonghi for several years, really rated it. Using Nespresso now because I’m away for several days at a time and the beans kept going stale. Miss it a bit.

redmex
    Free Member

I have a de lunghi and it lies in a cupboard too temperamental for me red lights all the time. Water low it drinks so much rinsing, grounds building up and keeps wanting serviced, i much prefer the gaggias odd leak and my noisy iberital 2′ tall grinder although the de long is noisy

ji
    Free Member

We have had loads over the years (the first few imported from Italy as you couldn’t get them in this country). I am sure that you can get a better cup of coffee, but for ease and convenience they are great. The coffee is also great to my taste. Have Saeco, Jura, Gaggia and Delonghi machines. The Saeco and Jura machines were more nicely made (metal knobs and trim rather tahn plastic) but the delonghi is excellent for the price.

Currently on the second Delonghi from Argos, around £300. The first one lasted about three years, before getting a bit tired – still works though. We also have 4 big coffee drinkers in the house, so it gets a lot of use.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bean to cup’ is closed to new replies.