Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Beach racing article and vid on the home page
  • cinnamon_girl

I enjoyed reading and watching that!

Seriously, we have an extremely lengthy coastline and it’s being wasted in Winter, apart from Fat Bike usage obviously.

Get out there and enjoy it. 🙂

Wot beach tyres for the road bike?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I liked it as well; have we got any decent continuous lengths of beach in the UK? Here in Yorkshire it’s all a bit craggy

cinnamon_girl

I don’t know the answer to that but am sure someone can tell us!

Liking the idea of no mud and general simplicity of it. 🙂

MrSparkle

Northumbria might be favourite. It will, of course just destroy your bike.

cinnamon_girl

Get another bike. What’s the problem? 😉

Agreed, Northumbria would be wonderful. 🙂

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

down here in the south east(essex directly opposite Holland funnily)we have quite a few beach almost the same as the one in the vid which is why i keep wanting a fat bike 😯 😀

FOG

I used to do m/bike beach racing on the beach at Mablethorpe including one memorable new year’s day after a heavy party. You haven’t lived until you have stripped off on Mablethorpe beach on 1st Jan with a bitter wind off the n. sea biting your essentials. It was great fun though but you had to wash the bike as soon as you got home or everything would turn to rust.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

This has got me thinking, I live near Weston Super Mare which has a big stretch of beach, there is about a mile or so of rideable beach from the pier south to the headland and would be ideal but then there is Brean down to Burnham on Sea which could be rideable too and is something like twice the distance …. any idea who would need to be involved in organising something like this?

Muke
    Free Member

Studland nudist beach was suggested as part of the SSUKG 2013 course I believe 😀

cinnamon_girl

So … asking a bimbo question … are bikes allowed on all beaches?

* Fat Boys to the Forum please *

I’m really liking this idea, no worrying about what trails are churned up, no need for a map, no need for inner tubes and pump. Just some money for a 99 at the end of the ride. 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

West Wittering has a luvlie beach, thing is its covered in groynes at anything less than low water..

MrsBouys offering is Saltburn by the Sea along to Redcar then off to the Gare…

cinnamon_girl

groynes?

coastkid
    Free Member

I’m really liking this idea, no worrying about what trails are churned up, no need for a map, no need for inner tubes and pump. Just some money for a 99 at the end of the ride.

😀

In Scotland yes, even through SSSI areas including Nature Reserves,as long as paths are used above the coast line.
    Need to ask someone else in Englandshire and Wales for advice…
    Bikes can be ridden for years on beaches without problems with a bit of prep before hand 😉

Scarista beach on Harris would be good for a road bike race, its very firm sand and 4 miles across at low tide 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Thanks coastkid. Is it OK to admit to sometimes reading your blog (don’t worry, no stalking involved!) Looks as though you have some fantastic beaches to enjoy, not many folk around either.

I suspect certain areas of England could be quite tricky, we’re unenlightened down here!

coastkid
    Free Member

There is around 20 odd fat bikers (on fatbikes!) riding the coast here in East Lothian so if your up this way get in touch and can arrange a day on the coast with a loan of a bike 🙂

Thanks for looking in on the blog and reading my poor grammer 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Beach racing article and vid on the home page’ is closed to new replies.