Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Be-One Karma 1.0 – Ritchey Headset that came with it.
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Just started transferring bits from the GT to the Be-One frame.

Everything was going fine when we got to the headset, which was a non de script Richey/ Be-One headset. We (me and the GF) were fiddling but it seems that no matter how we put it together it didn't seem to sit properly and there is way to much play in the forks. The bits that come with it was:-

2x plastic top rings with ricthey written on them
    2x wide spacers
    2x narrow spacers
    A blue thing
    Top Cap
    1x collar that sets on top of the forks

Is it possible that there are bits missing? There are no instruction or serial numbers to help ID the headset (get further information via net). We are going to contact Chain Reaction Cycles regarding this matter (where the frame was purchased).

Just trying to find out more info in the interim and not be blonde or something.

Can anyone help, suggest what the problem might be?

More Here:

http://www.zooomr.com/search/photos/?q=rt091018headset

Many thanks.

grumm
    Free Member

Shouldn't there be some kind of expanding wedge type thingy in there?

redthunder
    Free Member

@grumm

The blue thing wedge like but only seems happy on the bottom. Perhaps two should be required ?

Beginning to think there should another blue wedge and metal bearing collar.

Two things missing I reckon.

Me
    Free Member

The blue collar definatly goes on the top side.

This might help you, look at the pictures lower down.

Remember the loading bolt that sits above the stem needs to be done just right, and don't tighten the stem bolts 'till it's sorted.

Caused me trouble on a be-one build too, but don't think there's anything missing there.

Hope that helps.

grumm
    Free Member

From that page – the blue thing looks to me like this

But then you should also have something like this

redthunder
    Free Member

Thanks all. Story so far…

Looking at those pictures and bits we have, it looks like it's all there except the crown race for the forks.

Putting it all together like the pix and now virtually have no slop. But I know the crown race is missing.

Of to try and get a crown race.

Bits picture.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Be-One Karma 1.0 – Ritchey Headset that came with it.’ is closed to new replies.