Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Be careful what you ask for…
  • Kryton57

I’ve started a new job. I’m busy and have no bike time .

Is this a first world problem?

Wookster

No, but it’s one I recognise, throw in stress and never seeing my kids or wife and I think it becomes a mistake!

Rorschach
    Free Member

You found one…..you’ll find another one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kryton57

Indeed Wookster. Next week I’m away for a weeks residential course, with homework, no gym in the hotel.

Jeez.

lucien

Take your bike?..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Know and feel yer pain.
    I give you 6 mths..

Cougar

Cycle to work. Everyone’s a winner.

labsey
    Free Member

Commute by bike. I get to ride my bike everyday.

Kryton57

I work from home now, or customers offices. Ill be ok when the evening / morning daylight returns……

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Money rich, time poor. I share your pain.

yossarian
    Free Member

Then don’t do it. Unless you are living above your means no-one is holding a gun to your head.

Are they?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve just finished 8 mths of hard slog, hardly been on the bike, enjoyed too many late nights till the wee hours with MrsBouy, put on a bit of weight, but damn I’m glad it’s over, Project finished & rolled out.

I am now killing myself on the bike once more..

Sometimes you just have to go through a tunnel to see the light at the end.

Chin up, keep posting and well take the piss..

Seems fair.

Kryton57

yossarian – Member
    Then don’t do it. Unless you are living above your means no-one is holding a gun to your head.
    Are they?

Only me, I want to make a success of it, and get the experience on my CV. I’ve been in the doldrums for a few years, which suited me while we were getting used to having kids, now I’ve a chance to make the best of an opportunity. Unusually for me I’ve taken a risk, now its up to me to make it work.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Full time father part time warehouse bum. Skint, very skint but get to ride for 5hrs a day. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Time rich money poor.

maccruiskeen

neilsonwheels – Member
    Full time father part time warehouse bum. Skint, very skint but get to ride for 5hrs a day. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Time rich money poor

You’re nearly as under-employed as Stoner 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I want to make a success of it, and get the experience on my CV.

Ambition? A desire for self improvement? How dare you! Get back to making tractors, citizen, and know your worth!

😉

mudpup
    Free Member

I’ve started a new job. I’m busy and have no bike time .

Is this a first world problem?

Tssskkk

Told you so 😉

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Money rich, time poor. I share your pain

+1

I’ve been this way for a fair few years and the choice lies with yourself. I like the extra cash and it helps but money doesnt make you happy. That doesnt mean rich people are unhappy but it usually means they are the same as the rest of us.

My trick is to book me time into my diary, book selfishness into my diary before I went insane. I tell my other half I’ve lost my mojo and need to go and look for it, she knows I usually magically re-find it by bike in the woods or mountains. job done.

Stoner
    Free Member

You’re nearly as under-employed as Stoner

pffft. “Time rich, money rich” is where it’s at 😛

But I am starting to look like a hobo….

Kryton57

mudpup – Member

Tssskkk

Told you so

Indeed. I could be out now, but here I am cooking up a quote and solution which could make a third of my annual target in one swipe if I can sell it. Just done a “spend to save” presentation cooked up in South Mimms services earlier this morning. Still, the challenge has me much more focussed. 🙂

And I have manflu.

geoffj

You work from home and you have no time to ride? Bollocks – what are lunch hours for?

*happily skiving working from home since 2005

Seriously – you have no commute, and you will need some down time, make it work!

Kryton57

geoff – indeed that’s what I’ve been doing to date, But in my new part-sales type role I’m finding myself very busy as I learn the ropes / panic about having an *annual target*.

I’m sure it’ll calm down.

geoffj

Kryton – putting more hours in isn’t necessarily going to make you more productive and may reduce effectiveness. With careful planning, you should be able to reap the psychological and physical rewards of getting out for an hour on the muddle of the day. If you feel really pushed, a 30 min run can be less faff.

Kryton57

This I know Geoff. This week is a bit unique as I’ve spending 4 of 5 days on the road, and am spending today catching up – I’m still in transitions so there’s bits of my old job to do.

Normally I’d have 3 days working at home at least, sometimes 4. I’ve learned a long time ago about the hours thing – I will work hard on the 9-5 (well, 8 – 5.30) but will clock off for family time / the weekend in 52 minutes…..

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Be careful what you ask for…’ is closed to new replies.