Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • BC to get busted for organized doping.
  • finephilly
    Free Member

What do we think? It goes right to the top, Dave brailsford et al organising secret couriers for wiggo’s juice?

jam-bo

Fake news

vinnyeh

Did you mean the title to be a statement or a question?
    It sure looks like a statement to me. Not too late to alter it. 🙂

devash
    Free Member

Clickbait thread.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not too late to alter it.

Oops.

colp

Last time I was in Whistler there was a fair bit of weed around, but it didn’t seem that organised to be honest.

MoreCashThanDash

What illegal practices do you have evidence of?

And can I just say, in Dave Brailsford’s defence, “Ilkeston man under suspicion of drugs offences” is really not going to make any headlines round here! 😀

metalheart
    Free Member

What illegal practices do you have evidence of?

Well, I had it all on my laptop but unfortunately it got stolen when I was on holiday in Greece in 2014…
    So, you’ll just have to take my word for it. 😉

cloudnine
    Free Member

I cant remember.. we were all out of it that year

fourbanger
    Free Member

I can remember all the Lance fanbois defending on here despite the mounting evidence.

finephilly
    Free Member

just seems a bit suspicious to have someone courier a package when you could post it.

devash
    Free Member

Last time I was in Whistler there was a fair bit of weed around, but it didn’t seem that organised to be honest.

“BC Bud” they call it. Couple of puffs and it’ll blow your ‘effing mind. Nothing worse than a whitey in Tommy Africa’s toilets.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m assuming that the powers that be are going through Sir Brad’s old samples with a fine tooth comb, but to date they have shown that they have pushed the spirit of the rules, and despite the mystery package and missing notes – which must be a GMC disciplinary? – I’ve not heard of anyone with direct knowledge or involvement claiming there was doping.

So not quite Lance scale. Yet.

Trimix
    Free Member

They managed to beat all the other riders in a sport that’s not clean.

Ive no evidence, but as a member of the public and a cycling fan, my perception is what I’m left with.

Sadly I have no confidence in them.

ferrals
    Free Member

On radio 4 on the way home they paid a clip of reporters turning up at wiggins house for a comment – in his tone of voice /attitude, he definitely didn’t come across as having nothing to hide

kcr
    Free Member

On radio 4 on the way home they paid a clip of reporters turning up at wiggins house for a comment – in his tone of voice /attitude, he definitely didn’t come across as having nothing to hide

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone happy about being doorstepped. It’s not the highest form of journalism, and I saw some suggestions from a journo on another forum that doorstepping on a private road might be sailing a bit close to the wind, legally. I don’t think you can read a lot into Wiggins’ reaction as a result.

I don’t think we’re anywhere near BC being busted at the moment. Despite the blurry relationships with shared employees that have been highlighted, the current investigation is focused on Sky, not BC.

Still no smoking gun you can use to bring charges against an athlete or team employee. Unless the original source goes on the record about what was in the bag, everyone can just keep stalling and playing the “dog ate my homework” card.

ads678

Maybe it wasn’t drugs in the package, maybe it was a motor……

Junkyard
    Free Member

I always remember when they did this to roger cook when he was having a meal with his wife and he went ape shit at the crew – no one would like opening their door to the press recording them and I think everyone would sound a bit off

That said my initial reaction to all this was to defend them the longer it goes on the more it looks like US postal and the TUE he had would seem, just like all the asthama in the peleton, to be legalised doping

the sport has got cleaner it is still not clean

ferrals
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone happy about being doorstepped. It’s not the highest form of journalism, and I saw some suggestions from a journo on another forum that doorstepping on a private road might be sailing a bit close to the wind, legally. I don’t think you can read a lot into Wiggins’ reaction as a result.

I get your point, but my feeling is that if you put yourself into the public eye, earn a significant amount of cash and have a pretty nice life, you have to be prepared for such things and at least give a quick statement. Fwiw I personally doubt they doped properly (just played the tue game) but he didn’t do himself any favours this am.

Junkyard
    Free Member

REALLY 😯 you think this is what he had to accept when he discovered he was quite good at riding a bike

Not only do I not agree i dont understand why anyone would think this
    Yes he ought to have to answer questions and give a response to this [ and he has] but doorstepping is not something he should have reasonably anticipated nor have consented to by virtue of riding a bike

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

ferrals
    Free Member

cyclelife
    Free Member

What’s Mr Bean got to do with it?

RoterStern
    Free Member

I get your point, but my feeling is that if you put yourself into the public eye, earn a significant amount of cash and have a pretty nice life, you have to be prepared for such things and at least give a quick statement.

Absolute rubbish. Everyone is entitled to their private life.

Richie_B

if you put yourself into the public eye, earn a significant amount of cash and have a pretty nice life, you have to be prepared for such things and at least give a quick statement

In the scale of sports pay he has earned very little. Cycling isn’t clean and considering that the responsibility for being caught doping lies on the riders rather than the teams (the balance has changed but not much) it probably never will be. Things do seem to be substantially better than 10 years ago. I suspect that cycling won’t be declared clean until a Frenchman wins the Tour 🙄

As far as I can see although there is a great deal of suspicion there isn’t a great deal of evidence beyond inadequate record keeping on none controlled, none prescription drugs and someone taking a jolly to see the Tour (I can’t honestly say that given the opportunity to visit the tour as part of a team I wouldn’t drop everything (as long as I wasn’t told that the package din’t have to be kept in a fridge)).

The degree of scrutiny and the standards that teams and riders are expected to hold themselves open to seems to exceed a lot of other sports such as football, tennis, rugby which have similar rumours surrounding them but more expensive solicitors. The idea of a cyclist being caught with coke in his system and being let off because ‘boys will be boys’ isn’t going to happen. With the press at the moment cycling and athletic seem to be easy hits with little or no comeback and without the resources to explain or defend themselves. I would have more respect for the press if they went after

I believe that Sky pushed the TUE system as far as it would go but I suspect other teams are doing exactly the same. I work in various parts of the country and can never get my antihistamine, salbutamol, or qvar dosage right because what works in one location doesn’t work 50 miles down the road so riding the Tour with allergies must be a nightmare (even if riding 100miles a day would go a long way towards damping down your immune response). Given the choice of a steroid injection to dip everything down for a couple of weeks I would jump at it.

The last cyclist I believed was clean was David Millar, which turned out well, so I’m obviously a fine judge of character.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘BC to get busted for organized doping.’ is closed to new replies.