Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • BC Licence. How long to arrive?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Been racing LVRC since mid nineties. And was BCF. Just applied for my first membership/licence with BC.
    I need one if I want to race inters and regionals in this years cross.

I’m kind of assuming a licence will just plop on my mat. It’s only bronze as the open road stuff will be LVRC, but this will give me the option to race BC crits as well.

njee20
    Free Member

Couple of weeks, used to go via your club membership secretary, but don’t think they do now.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Mine took a couple of weeks, but the licence number is the same as your membership number (at least mine is)
    You can only get a provisional licence with bronze membership though, is that all you need? The main reason I went for silver-so I could get a full one.

oldgit
    Free Member

Cheers. That would just do, inter areas are November 8th

oldgit
    Free Member

Yeah only need provisional. Just for cross, currently I pay the race sub of £3. And crits at myvery local course. Most of the time I race LVRC League of veteran Racing Cyclists, no BC licence required at all.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Licenses go to club secretary unless they’ve unticked that option I believe, suppose it’ll depend on how weird your club is…

Couple of weeks for mine, noticed it had a mistake on it (Senior XC instead of Masters) and the corrected one was here within 2 days of my original email which I thought was rather impressive.

chipster

I joined online on Monday 29th Sept (I just checked my emails), licence arrived in the post on the following Thursday, so 3 days.

TiRed

used to go via your club membership secretary

Usually speedy if not a club member. If not, an email confirmation that you have paid is all that’s needed to enter on the line. Your email may have the number on it already. You will also need an ID photo to stick inside it.

Awaiting my updated BC membership card as I type…

oldgit
    Free Member

My letter arrived today with the membership number. What do we reckon, still need to wait for the actual licence, or can I enter with this letter?

crazy-legs

You can enter with just the letter – all you need to enter online is your membership number. You only need to show the licence at sign on.

Normally takes a week or so unless the licence goes to your club secretary who then checks you’ve paid club subs and then mails it out to you which was what my old club used to do.

oldgit
    Free Member

Cheers, not much chance of having it for Sundays race sadly.

njee20
    Free Member

Enter, say you forgot your licence on the day. Worst case you buy a day licence. I’ve got away with that at MTB races before.

oldgit
    Free Member

Naughty but nice…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘BC Licence. How long to arrive?’ is closed to new replies.