Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • BC Halfords discount now only on bike stuff
  • njee20
    Free Member

Pointed out to me today that the British Cycling 10% at Halfords is now only on bike related stuff, no more discounted oil, spray paint or wiper blades. Booooo!

Obviously I’ll keep trying my luck…

Clicky

Dunno when this changed.

Simon
    GolfChick
    Free Member

What you need is a magical trade card, 50% off tool chests is fantastic! Plus other sundries of course. Sometimes helps having a boyfriend who works in the motor vehicle department. That and a full car service for £46 last week!

AD

I bought some 3 for 2 tools on Monday in Workington Halfords and then some washer fluid in Bracknell last night – no hassle in getting the 10% discount in either case. Probably worth just continuing to ask nicely 😀

doomanic

So the discount negotiated by a cycling organisation can be only be used on cycling products? Who’da thunk it? 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Sounds like a lot of people still getting discounts on everything, I know I’ll keep trying!

So the discount negotiated by a cycling organisation can be only be used on cycling products?

Yep, it’s fair enough, but it was always on everything, to very quietly restrict it is a bit of a pain.

kelron
    Free Member

Toyota owners club still gives 10% off bikes and 15% off everything else.

aracer
    Free Member

PSA: if you want to get 10% (or more) off Halfords price on car stuff try here

riddoch

It took a while to get my local halfords trained up to use the 10% discount so I guess it will take that long to detrain.
    I did notice the wording on the BC site had got a lot more specific.
    Brings it inline with the CTC benefit.

SaxonRider

Well thank goodness I didn’t know that last night, then.

I stopped by Halford’s on the way home from work and bought a replacement bulb for my car’s headlamp, some insulation tape, and a few other bits and bobs that had nothing to do with bikes.

I still got my 10% off.

rob1984p
    Free Member

Top work Aracer.
    ECP is way cheaper that Halfords and they’re everywhere nowadays with seemingly no less able staff in most cases with better stocks of most stuff.

They’re cheaper still with voucher codes. Recently got;
    Battery with a 3 yr guarantee for OH car £36 with code at ECP instead of £80ish at Halfords.
    Posh Bosch wipers for my bangernomics BMW £21 with code at ECP instead of £40ish at Halfords.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BC Halfords discount now only on bike stuff’ is closed to new replies.