Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • BC Bike Race entry fee?
  • Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Anyone know what a solo entry costs, roughly? (I’m getting a 404 on their ‘Pricing’ page.)

Ta.

Sui
    Free Member

about £1200 i believe – might be dollars, but it’s a lot.

Sui
    Free Member

works for me

Details below reflect a per-person price, regardless of what category you ride in.
    2016 Price Plans
    Early Bird – $1899 (sells out in minutes)
    Full Price – $2249

shortcut

Came through on the credit card at about £1300 Stirling.

Without food package.

Expensive but still demonstrates value.

I started a thread on it last week.

shortcut

BTW it is getting towards max numbers!

DeMoose
    Free Member

Just do it. You will never regret it. I’ve done it twice now including this year and would happily go back again.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Stuffin’ ‘ell! I thought the TransWales was expensive at about £325.

Seriously though, what do you get for £1300? I’m assuming hotel accommodation at the least, TBH….

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Cool.

2017 for me, that’s my target.

sweaman2
    Free Member

It does seem expensive and not having done it (yet) I’m not sure exactly what you get but there is an awful lot of logistics involved…
    Multiple ferries to / from Vancouver Island and the Sunshine coast.
    A fair few coach trips as it isn’t a straight forward point – point each day.

For comparison the Singletrack6 (like BCBR but further inland) is $1499 and doesn’t include a tent city each night.

If you’re planning to register for 2017 then a hot tip is to sign up as a user this year with cnn bikes and get as many as your details on file.

sweamrs1 was sitting by a computer at precisely the required time to do an entry. In the time it took her to process through the various forms (of where you live etc) the early bird sold out. Her conclusion was that people had to have pre-filled some of the forms or they were quickly entering junk and then re-visiting the forms later to provide the correct information. Either way even though we were fully primed we still missed the early bird pricing.

shortcut

And to answer PP’s question.

Aside for one hell of a great experience riding some brilliant trails, in a race situation with some great people and a few mtb celebs.

There is: beer on the trail, bacon, coffee, big red bag, little red bag, loads of trails all marked, brilliant back up, 4 ferries, numerous transfers, 7 days racing, belt buckle, sunglasses, sun cream, jacket, racer information, the biggest publicity machine for a mtb race, Brett Tippie, hula girls, sasquatches, whiskey, wifi, charging, tent put up and take down, tents, sleeping mats, water melon, energy products, red bull, coffee, great trails, it’s not Wales, massage, mechanising, mechanic stops with bikes and wheels to keep u going, overnight bike repair, med team, lovely people, stuff like that really!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘BC Bike Race entry fee?’ is closed to new replies.