Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BB's again – BB30/BB86/BB386 – I'm going loopy!
  • kevin1911

Hey all,

I’ve bought an FSA Gossamer chainset for the road bike, which has a good old BSA threaded BB shell. The chainset didn’t come with a BB, so I need to find one. Planet X have the FSA one for £20, but I’ve heard they’re not too resilient. Am I right in saying that for BB386Evo chainsets I can use BB30 or BB86 so long as they have the BSA thread?

Anyone got any specific recommendations for one?

Starting to wonder if I’ll ever get my head around the BB standards!

Thanks,
    Kevin

Daffy

I think you’ve bought a chainset which is’t compatible with your frame…

BB386evo chainsets are 30mm spindle and your bb will only accept 24mm….I could be wrong…

Daffy

wait, wait a moment….hang on…now I’m confused…

Daffy

Okay, got it.

Yes, you’re right. So long as the BB is 30mm with outboard bearings and threaded, it should be fine.

Raceface do one called Cinch

kevin1911

It’s a proper maze isn’t it! I think I’ve found one that’s supposedly more reliable than the FSA and RaceFace ones – the Rotor BSA30.

Thanks

dovebiker

Your crank is BB386 it has a 30mm spindle and will work with a 68mm threaded shell (your bike) with the right BB cups. Suitable BBs available from FSA, Rotor, Raceface and Hope amongst others. PX have the FSA ones for 20 quid. FWIW BB30 and BB86 are different BB standards and aren’t compatible.

Stedlocks
    Free Member

Ah…but what about pf90? What’s all that about?

40mpg
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BB's again – BB30/BB86/BB386 – I'm going loopy!’ is closed to new replies.