Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • BBQ novice. Help required
  • ac505
    Free Member

Morning all. my cheapo Gas BBQ has now died, so I’m looking for a replacement. I’m going to go for gas again, probably 2 or 3 burner, however something of higher quality. It will sit outside year round, so I would prefer to go stainless. Working on a budget of ideally £300-400 but I would stretch to £500 if I really had to. Any suggestions on brands, what to look for etc etc appreciated….

wonderchump
    Free Member

Weber

theblackmount
    Free Member

Anything will do – it’s just a gas cooker 😉

crankboy
    Free Member

Real BBQ s involve real fire not gas.

wombat

This

Anything will do – it’s just a gas cooker

and this

Real BBQ s involve real fire not gas.

chvck
    Free Member

Cooking with a bbq is cooking over hot coals no? Thus, making the source of the heat for the coals fairly irrelevant? FWIW I don’t even have a BBQ anymore and I built my last one out of bricks because I’m a cheapskate :p

johndoh
    Free Member

If it were me, I’d build one of those Mediterranean cooking stations with a clay kiln thingamajig

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Weber it has a cast iron grill and is great.

Bbq is not about turning food to charcoal and making it rain. It’s a great way to cook.

gilbertodepiento
    Free Member

My sister has a weber one and it’s shit. Food tastes exactly the same as if you grill it. My dad has an outback one and that’s great.
    I have a traditional weber one using charcoal and that is really good.

maccruiskeen

If it were me, I’d build one of those Mediterranean cooking stations with a clay kiln thingamajig

You are you – so lets see the picture of the mediterranean cooking thingamjig you’ve built 🙂

petefromearth

Weber – bought one last year and it rocks. When I think how many bbqs I’ve binned over the years I consider it good value.

I also made a bit more effort learn how to slow cook stuff rather than just grill until black. it’s surprisingly easy and just goddamn tasty

Can’t stop salivating now, I’m off to the butchers!

ourmaninthenorth

We do all know the difference between barbecuing and grilling, right?

slackman99
    Free Member

I do

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Weber…. Regardless of construction material keep under a cover

sharkbait
    Free Member

Weber Q series. We have two they are brilliant – one is in our beach hut and went to it on NYE having not used it since August and it fired up first click.
    Alloy body means no rusting while stainless would prove to be a comparative waste of money.
    I like charcoal but frankly it’s prehistoric and uncontrollable. We quite often have hot dogs for lunch at the beach but this would be too expensive/time consuming without gas.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Weber and BBQ chimney starter.

Sure, Webers cost a bit but they are built to last.

Chimney starters are worth they’re weight in fire ligters too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘BBQ novice. Help required’ is closed to new replies.