Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BBCR4 15 Minute Drama – Lifelines
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07jxsy5

“Carrie is an ambulance call handler. She never knows what the next emergency will be or the effect it might have on her.
    And sometimes you have to listen hard to find out exactly what’s going on.”

Really rather good.

kelvin

An eye/ear opener.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it. The chap with his “friend” in the park was harrowing, brilliantly portrayed, I think,

Touching, emotional drama, with subtle tinges of humour. Very much recommended.

sweepy
    Free Member

That started when I was in the car earlier, sounded interesting but I got where I was going. I’ll give it a go, there’s sod all on the telly, thanks for the reminder.

bearnecessities

Isn’t it funny, I thought about posting that up earlier after hearing it too. I found it really quite brilliant and a bit shit in equal measures. It’s like it was written by two different writers!

Worth a listen though for the good bits.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Some more background on it here;

I keep a file on my computer of things that make me burst into tears. On the whole it’s filled with ideas around and links to indiscriminate acts of kindness, be they frozen meals cooked by a dying person for their loved ones to eat posthumously, or links to Facebook posts about animals rescuing each other from immediate peril.

For a while now, at the top of that list was a transcription of a telephone call I’d read in a Sunday newspaper about a seven year old who dialled 999 after he found his mother lying unconscious on their kitchen floor. The ambulance person talked this child through what must have been the most terrifying moments with certainty, clarity and kindness. At one point, the ambulance person asked the child to open the front door, to which the child burst into tears at the thought of leaving his mother’s side only to be told that the reason he had to do so was because the paramedics were standing outside. Tears.

Speshpaul

it was very good

sweepy
    Free Member

It was like the curates egg,

I’d be interested to know how accurate it is, would they really tell a pissed bloke to improvise a tourniquet? maybe they would, I don’t know, but worrying about that kind of thing ruined it a bit for me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BBCR4 15 Minute Drama – Lifelines’ is closed to new replies.