Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • BBC2 – Women's Road Worlds NOW
  • thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Just seen this is on, can’t spot a thread about it. Looks like Lizzie Armitstead is doing well for GB, keeping up with the front of the pack.

DezB
    Free Member

How come this tedium gets BBC1 coverage and the downhill is only on the internet? UK riders WIN in the DH and it’s far more watchable.

Haze

In your opinion of course!

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

I suppose road riding probably has more of an appeal to the masses, as it resembles (in their minds) what most people do i.e. riding along the road. Probably why all the marathons and athletics get so much coverage, as a lot of people go jogging occasionally.

Another thing is that it’s a women’s race, and they don’t really get as many races/events in the road world as far as I know, so it is nice to see them get a bit of representation on the box. Ironically, the women are given equal opportunities to the men in the downhill (in terms of entry to races from what I’ve seen), but the whole sport seems to get ignored on tv.

But regardless, it’s still cycling on TV. If seeing the pace these ladies keep up encourages a driver to respect me more on my commute, or even get on a bike themselves, it’s only a good thing.

DezB
    Free Member

In your opinion of course!

Who else’s bloody opinion could I spout? Duh!

I’m not saying it shouldn’t be on, just DH should get better coverage.

bigG
    Free Member

Good race, although the outcome was a bit inevitable.

rOcKeTdOg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘BBC2 – Women's Road Worlds NOW’ is closed to new replies.