Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • BBC2 Now, car salesman swap
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m only watching it for the classics, anyone else?

(Should this actually be in the chat forum?)

trevron73
    Free Member

I thought is was a good program , a bit too much deep phsycy what not but some lovely motors , i spotted a 05 Vitara 5 door and a Kia MPV as well as Singletracks favourite a zara picasso . Glad i watched it . 😀

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Bit like wife swap except neither of them were total bumholes

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

4hr commute per day.! Is he off his head.?

chojin
    Free Member

I’m genuinely shocked that this made for entertaining TV!

I really enjoyed it, but felt immensely guilty for doing so.

jools182
    Free Member

I enjoyed it too

To my shame I was fully expected the young lad to be cocky and irritating, but he seemed like a really nice guy

I also expected the Welsh guy would be offered a job at the supercar garage

I was watching it for the cars but they both were likeable characters

The boss at the Welsh garage got on my thre’pennies though 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

What about a provincial whiney LBS bod who has to swap with a pro-team mechanic program? I’m pitching it to a couple of production companies I work with tomorrow.
    Can visualise the trailer now, old fashioned bell rings above shop door as snotty nosed kid brings in BSO, pederast looking late middle aged man in dirty apron frowns and adjusts brake cable, cut to Wiggo throwing bike while group of slim bald rapha wearing men watching monitors in team bus frown.

pirahna
    Free Member

I liked how it was always overcast and raining in Bridgend and sunny in London.

BigJohn

It isn’t always raining in Bridgend. I was there the day it didn’t rain. About 7 years ago, and the locals are still talking about it. There was a bit of drizzle late afternoon, but that didn’t count.

rickmeister

I will have to iplayer it.. did the Bridgend guy sell anything ?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

As above I was expecting the posh dealer to be flash cad type character and was preparing to dislike him. However at the end of the programme, you got a sense that the Welsh guy had a better quality of life. Also thought it was a bit harsh that the Welsh guy never got a wee bit of a bonus considering he saved £45k (?) on the Aston Martin purchase.

rickmeister

Think at that level you have moved above the flash pretentious type of sales person as cutomers spending that sort of money wouldn’t tolerate it I guess.

McHamish
    Free Member

I watched it and enjoyed it.

I didn’t understand why the guy who worked in London commuted in from Andover. There are any number of places closer to London where he could live…Andover’s not even very nice.

The owner of the garage in Bridgend didn’t come across very well…but the owner of the posh garage seemed like a nice bloke. The guy from Wales had a much nicer welcome when he arrived.

Pieface

Common to both was that they needed to know what they are selling, and this is what differentiates a good sales experience in any shop.

If you speak to a salesperson and they don’t know less than you do about the stock they have, or what they’re selling its always a urn off. Knowing what insurance group a car is in maybe pushing it a bit, but not being able to substitute a 107 with a C2 or Fiesta seemed like a shortcoming.

The supercar salesman was expected to know his product inside out, whereas the guy selling the cheaper cars didn’t know what was in stock. I don’t think it was important for him to know the detail of all that stock, but to know what they’ve got seemed very important.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Very interesting watch,glad your man selling the flash motors was going to have a reboot,would not fancy that commute everyday!

cynic-al
    Free Member

trevron73 – Member
    …but some lovely motors , i spotted a 05 Vitara 5 door and a Kia MPV as well as Singletracks favourite a zara picasso

Thank you! 😀

I don’t think anyone else got that…

stox
    Free Member

Astounded to hear the Bridgend guy makes only £30 commission for each car he sells…

Surely the owner must be making at least 1k on each car?? Minus costs obviously .. £30 doesn’t seem much to me

Twodogs

I was taken back in time by the shots of the “Welcome to Town” in Bridgend..the centre of our social life in my late teens. Must have been wearing beer goggles all the time then, because it didn’t look very appealing now!!

richmars

Just watched it on iplayer, enjoyed it, two good blokes.
    Interesting that the Lancia S4 is still for sale!

maxtorque

stox – Member
    Astounded to hear the Bridgend guy makes only £30 commission for each car he sells…

Surely the owner must be making at least 1k on each car?? Minus costs obviously .. £30 doesn’t seem much to me

Judging by the fact they sold a knackered old 206 van and a 02 plate Golf Mk4 for about £3000, both of which you can buy for sub £1k online, i suspect he, unlike the guys who work for him, is doing ok…..

cliffyc
    Free Member

@stox,agree with you,the lad who bought the Pug van had come back again too!. Maybe dealership has really good reputation??. Place near me has ’04 Golf 2.0 GTi 5 dr,black,on at £2995 in VGC,which is about right……? 😕

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘BBC2 Now, car salesman swap’ is closed to new replies.