Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • bbc weather service
  • totalshell

i check this out every day not for a weather forecast but for a laugh. have ever so many been paid so much to be wrong?
    right now for sunny rochdale its forecasting heavy rain all day from 4am and.. the suns shining, the skies are blue. why do they bother? why do we put up with it. its not some half cock set up this is the states official forecast and this is what we get.

Liftman

Oh poor you, the forecast is stating rain and you have sunshine an blue skies 🙄

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Well here in sunny Rossendale it’s 5 miles away from you and p!ssing down.

That’s not a bad guess for a ‘forecast’

rOcKeTdOg

I planned my all day ride around their forecast yesterday and they predicted rain at 1900 and it started at 1912, i mean, how rubbish is that! 🙄

trout
    Free Member

http://www.raintoday.co.uk says it will be raining in rochdale by 09.00

Dancake
    Free Member

Its raining frogs here. Metcheck got it completely wrong

scratch
    Free Member

I’ve been using the YR.NO site a lot lately.

Jamie
    Free Member

**** said it would be heavy rain at 7am…..its light rain at best.

*writes to MP*

joao3v16
    Free Member

i consistently find the bbc weather forecasts to be consistently unreliable

singletrackhor
    Free Member

use this instead
    http://www.yr.no/

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

i consistently find the bbc weather forecasts to be consistently unreliable

+1

whereas about 6 years ago they seemed to be reliable 🙁

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well they got it wrong for here today, It says ‘light rain’ but I’d call it ‘heavy rain’ by the way it’s stotting of the patio.
    So pleased I went biking yesterday. 😆

convert

Funny, just the other day I was thinking how much better forecast in general seem to be than they were 20yrs ago. I can’t work out if that means they are actually better; they are less ambitious/definative therefore less wrong more often; more ambiguous in the way they display the information so it is less easy to discern right from wrong or if I/we are more mature about the way we view forecasts as exactly that not certainties.

Personally I find the reduction in use of the pressure synoptic chart in mass media forecasts and replacement with dumbed down visuals a sad thing – those of us with a least a grounding in meteorology could get a lot more out of those.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘bbc weather service’ is closed to new replies.