Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • BBC radio on an Ipad?
  • crankinirish
    Free Member

Trying to stream 6 Music. It did work fine before but now it says URL requested not available on server. Would be grateful if anyone could help me out with this.

Starting to wish I’d just bought a new lap top!

jambalaya
    Free Member

There is a new bbc radio app – try that

Edit: m able to listen to 6-mix whilst posting on here ! Plus I’m in Framce so the stream isn’t limited to uk either

Tracker1972
    Free Member

URL requested not available on the server… Doesn’t that suggest the site has moved and you are looking at the wrong URL now? Not sure how laptop would fix that…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

a laptop would allow you to just click the listen now button and listen now.

Mobile devices want you to download the app hence putting more clicks between you and the outcome.

DezB
    Free Member

Tried the TuneIn Radio app? Working fine here.

(Something interesting on 6 at the mo too…)

CountZero

a laptop would allow you to just click the listen now button and listen now.

Mobile devices want you to download the app hence putting more clicks between you and the outcome.
    Eh? You have to open the browser, locate the bookmark for the site you want, wait for it to load, then click on the play button for the station.
    On an iPad, you download the BBC iPlayer Radio app, then just spin the wheel to locate the station and select it, once it’s open, every time you open the app, it’ll already be on that station, and you just hit the play button. How difficult is that?
    And using a laptop is a pain, as you have to have the screen open, a pad will happily continue to play when you lock the screen, just like a phone in your pocket. You just have to have good network access, is all.

Mr_C
    Free Member

Try:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r6_aaclca.pls

Works for me on both iphone and ipad.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘BBC radio on an Ipad?’ is closed to new replies.