Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • BBC radio 1 today
  • enduro-aid
    Free Member

Playing 24hrs of dance tunes as its the ibiza weekender

its friggin great making friday feel much more fun at work, anyone else think they should do this every friday!!!

(just wish Fern Cotton would shut up and play music)

flippinheckler
    Free Member

What is this Radio 1 you speak of? 😕

kimbers

im amazed anyone still listens to radio 1
    last fm, spotify, 6music, planet rock, even radio4 before ill put that drivel on, its not even the tedious pop music its the ****t djs that think they are funny/interesting/cool that get on my moobs

paulosoxo
    Free Member

flippinheckler – Member

What is this Radio 1 you speak of?

It's what radio 2 will sound like in about 20 years

finbar
    Free Member

I love Radio 1, it's ace (sorry stw grandads). Can't listen today though as i'm not in the lab 🙁

Houns

Ahhh i'm listening to TMS whilst watching the cricket on sky sports….

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Some of the stuff they do is great – I like Rob da Bank and Annie Mac (sp?!) a lot.

DezB
    Free Member

im amazed anyone still listens to radio 1

I'm amazed anyone who is interested in music can't find something they like on Radio 1. It's not all moronic daytime DJs and "RnB pop"

FuzzyWuzzy

Often listen to Radio 1 to, but then I'm not a single-speeding, bearded grandad. If I wanted to fall asleep I might try Radio 4 but not really an option during my commute…

iain1775
    Free Member

Ferne Cotton needs her face ramming into a mincing machine and feeding to fatty Moyles
    Even then I doubt she would shut up with her annoying drone

Drac

I tried to put Spotify on at work but the radio didn't have it, next I tried last fm but the it didn't have that either or planet rock and 6music. So I tried Radio 4 which was a bunch old men and women mumbling on so switched that off.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

You're an idiot

DezB
    Free Member

That was random Sam. 😕

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The good thing about radio 1 is the listen again bit.

Arrive at work, and just listen to the evening shows from the night before.

Since Jo Whiley left the daytime has been dismal, although I quite like Moyles, even if most of the jokes were tired after about the third year, still beats Wogan.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

radio 1 after 7pm is ace, and I have a beard! Not everything is my cup of tea but there is always a track that makes me scuttle off to the music shop. This week is DJ Shadow's Def Surrounds Us and Distant Relatives in session.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

yeah i'll admit the daytime dj's are a bit cack but we have 10 folk in our office and we all have to agree on a radio station for the stereo and radio 1 is a happy compromise

if i had my way it would be samarai fm

but today has been really good

Drac

Since Jo Whiley left the daytime has been dismal

Funny I feel the opposite, couldn't stand her.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Funny I feel the opposite, couldn't stand her.

Same here. Dull, monotone, boring old has been IMO. Now seems to be on Radio 2 (I think)

finbar
    Free Member

Joe Whiley's Radio 1 show was insufferable, especially in the last year or so. I got the impression mumsnet were the target audience.

She's still (unfortunately)on Radio 1 on Saturday afternoons.

MrWoppit
    Free Member
    Legoman
    Free Member

It's not all moronic daytime DJs and "RnB pop"

No, that's exactly what it is.
    XFM for me, any day

trailmonkey

The good thing about radio 1 is the listen again bit.

Is that on account of them repeating the same limited playlist every two hours

It is during the daytime

Radio 1 has always been sh1te, even at times when there's lots of good music about elsewhere.

finbar
    Free Member

It is during the daytime

So did i imagine Bullet for my Valentine doing a live lounge on Radio 1 last weekend Saturday afternoon?

DezB
    Free Member

It is during the daytime

That was (obviously) my point

rOcKeTdOg

Playing 24hrs of dance tunes
    popular niche music at it's best,….hang on though, don't they play that rubbish 24hrs a day anyway?

Houns

Sadly dance music is getting played less and less now on Radio 1, crappy RnB and guitary stuff taking over 🙁

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Dance really peaked about 10 years ago, commercially. No-one played guitars then. Then indie fought back and is on top right now. It'll change again – in a few years time it might be all 'street'.. or something else. It's about fashion more than music really.

iain1775
    Free Member

dont care what music they play I still think Ferne Cotton should be inhumanely put to sleep by means of a large industrial kitchen appliance of some description
    Most annoying person on TV/radio/the planet in general

white101

'So I tried Radio 4 which was a bunch old men and women mumbling on'

Thats singletrackworld in radio form

kimbers

'So I tried Radio 4 which was a bunch old men and women mumbling on'

thats why i love rick wakemans sunday morning show

whether radio 1 is playing guitar or dance its all too poppy for my tastes, though im inclined to the guitar stuff more than the dance

ross980
    Free Member

Since Jo Whiley left the daytime has been dismal, although I quite like Moyles, even if most of the jokes were tired after about the third year, still beats Wogan.

Wogan hasn't been on weekday mornings since before Christmas. It's Chris Evans now, who IMHO is roughly 4 million times better than his namesake on Radio 1.
    The only thing more annoying than Chris Moyles on Radio 1 weekday mornings is his sycophantic bunch of hangers-on. Worse of all is 'Comedy' Dave… Don't get me started on him… 👿

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘BBC radio 1 today’ is closed to new replies.