Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BBC license fee
  • iolo
    Free Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/the-man-now-in-charge-of-the-bbcs-future-believes-the-licence-fee-is-worse-than-a-poll-tax-10241144.html

So the government want to abolish it “eventually”. Sounds nice but I’m very sure some other stealth tax would come in behind it. Or am I being cynical?

jambalaya
    Free Member

There’s already a thread here

BigJohn

Licence

martinhutch

Sounds nice but I’m very sure some other stealth tax would come in behind it. Or am I being cynical?

Not at all – they’ll just replace it with a household surcharge so you pay even if you don’t own a telly, and they get to hold the pursestrings of the BBC, with the inevitable consequences for any traces of editorial independence that remain.

Head over the the main thread for more cynicism.

iolo
    Free Member

did’t see it mods, please delete

mikewsmith
    Free Member

BBC Licence fee.
    85 posts & 42 voices | Started 23 hours ago by Mr Woppit | Latest reply from GrahamS
    Add this topic to your favorites (?)
    Tags:No tags yet.
    Pages: 123Next »

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The state the Beeb has fallen to, I wouldn’t miss it if it went. In a sea of media the BBC is a fast melting iceberg.

kimbers

In a sea of media the BBC is a fast melting iceberg. a beacon of light
    Fixed that for you, because you were talking bobbins, radio, online, news, current affairs, comedy, drama, it surpasses any other provider out there and its a great part of British society

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BBC license fee’ is closed to new replies.