Viewing 17 posts - 201 through 217 (of 217 total)
  • BBC Licence fee
  • RustySpanner

Change it to ‘BBC shows’ if it makes you feel happier.
    The principle remains.

grahamh
    Free Member

I don’t see why anyone should have to pay a licence for the BBC.

Or to put another way, “I don’t see why anyone should have to pay VED.”
    VED is you paying for the priverlage to “Drive” your car on the road, the “TV Licence” is paying for the priverlage to receive a live TV signal.

(this may have already been posted more than once)
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3q2iZuU5WM[/video]

teasel
    Free Member

If the site owners allow folk to use the forum and other sections without coughing up for a sub then that’s their choice, Junkyard. The fact that you feel you have more right to use the forum because you pay is, quite honestly, pretty ugly; it really does show you up for the self-important little **** you are.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member

I don’t see why anyone should have to pay a licence for the BBC. They did not create the airwaves.

It should be possible to watch the other free to air programmes without paying for a state propaganda service that you don’t want to watch.

If you want to watch the BBC, by all means pay for it, but stop being a parasite and expecting other folk to subsidise your programmes.
    There ya go!!! that man said it waaaaay Better than I ever could :mrgreen:
    can we lock the thread now please 😆

RustySpanner

The only reason I asked if epi watched the BBC is that he contributed to the Death In Paradise thread.

Maybe someone else told him about it?
    😀

And although I can believe that there may be people who only watch BBC via the iPlayer, I doubt very many exist in real life.
    If you’re the kind of person happy to take for free what other’s pay for, I doubt you’re really arsed about the smallprint.

scotroutes

Are you suggesting he should have to pay the licence fee and then NOT watch BBC? 😉

RustySpanner

😀

piemonster

Well, this is fun.

scotroutes

I just hope this Youth Hostel that ton has booked for next month doesn’t have a telly. Can you imagine the problems?

piemonster

So long as it’s got WiFi for watching Top Gear on iplayer

RustySpanner

Isn’t it?
    Always a highlight of the season for me.

The parasites seem to get more upset and angry every year though.
    Guilty conscience?
    🙂

scotroutes

And we haven’t yet got to the questions of how many cooker rings we’ll need for all these stove-top coffee pots, whether meat is allowed in the kitchen area or what constitutes “banter”.

piemonster

I don’t even have a beard

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Hammond has had me in stitches a couple of times tonight.

nealglover
    Free Member

And although I can believe that there may be people who only watch BBC via the iPlayer, I doubt very many exist in real life.
    If you’re the kind of person happy to take for free what other’s pay for, I doubt you’re really arsed about the smallprint.

Hello *waves*

I did exactly that for ages.

No TV signal, no sky dish. I only had an Internet connection.

And as the Licensing people were good enought to tell me (I didn’t previously know) I didn’t need a license.

So I didn’t buy one, as I didn’t need to.

Just like I don’t choose to pay “extra” VAT. Just the amount thats required.

They picked the rules, and I stopped paying because they told me I didn’t need to.

RustySpanner

There’s always one.
    🙂

epicyclo

Rusty Spanner – Member
    So you don’t watch the BBC then epi?

Haven’t watched it since the Referendum coverage.

Wife watches some programmes on iPlayer or whatever service offers other programmes. Sometimes I’m in the room.

And I’d have to be blind not to notice Sara Martins. 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 201 through 217 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘BBC Licence fee’ is closed to new replies.